Virtual MIDI, background audio?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Trueyorky

Virtual MIDI, background audio?

Post by Trueyorky »

Hi, this looks an interesting app. Can you tell me if it works in the background on the iPad and connects to other apps through virtual MIDI?

Also, do you have any plans to add AudioBus support?

Thanks.
Support

Re: Virtual MIDI, background audio?

Post by Support »

Virtual MIDI works, you can play back a MIDI track over a CoreMIDI 'device', which can be another app. You can also record MIDI while using another app as 'synthesizer'.

I'm not sure whether this is very useful without AudioBus, since it's not easy to turn the 'other' app into an audio track?

Audiobus hasn't been decided yet. Currently iOS 7 inter-app audio is #1 priority, this is currently being worked on.

Giel Bremmers
Trueyorky

Post by Trueyorky »

WOW, IAA will do nicely. Thanks I'm off to purchase. Good luck!
ErrkaPetti

Post by ErrkaPetti »

Thank's for an new intresting DAW to the iOS community!
Bought it this evening and have played around with it one hour...

But, one problem occur after ten minutes with this DAW...
I had a MIDI-file loaded with a Chopin pianotrack routed to CMP Grand Piano on midichannel 1 and that works good... But, later on, when I'm testing this with another external Piano-app (iGrand Piano from IK Multimedia) something went wrong... No sound from iGrand what so ever...?
Later, testing CMP Grand Piano again nothing happens there also?
The MIDI funtions seems to disappear?
I even erased Multitrack Studio and reloaded it from Appstore without any success to get MIDI out from this DAW?
Hmmm... WTF... Any suggestions?

/Erik from Sweden
ErrkaPetti

Post by ErrkaPetti »

ErrkaPetti wrote:Thank's for an new intresting DAW to the iOS community!
Bought it this evening and have played around with it one hour...

But, one problem occur after ten minutes with this DAW...
I had a MIDI-file loaded with a Chopin pianotrack routed to CMP Grand Piano on midichannel 1 and that works good... But, later on, when I'm testing this with another external Piano-app (iGrand Piano from IK Multimedia) something went wrong... No sound from iGrand what so ever...?
Later, testing CMP Grand Piano again nothing happens there also?
The MIDI funtions seems to disappear?
I even erased Multitrack Studio and reloaded it from Appstore without any success to get MIDI out from this DAW?
Hmmm... WTF... Any suggestions?

/Erik from Sweden
By the way, I must mention that it works the same way throuh Cubasis to get sounds from midichannel 1 from both CMP Grand Piano and iGrand...
Support

Post by Support »

ErrkaPetti wrote:But, later on, when I'm testing this with another external Piano-app (iGrand Piano from IK Multimedia)
Did you switch on 'Background Audio' in iGrand's menu?

Giel Bremmers
ErrkaPetti

Post by ErrkaPetti »

Support wrote:
ErrkaPetti wrote:But, later on, when I'm testing this with another external Piano-app (iGrand Piano from IK Multimedia)
Did you switch on 'Background Audio' in iGrand's menu?

Giel Bremmers
Thank's for a quick reply...

But, yes, both CMP & iGrand is Background-enabled...
As I said, it working thru Cubasis... Something must has changes in Multitrack Studio...?
I had it working between CMP Grand Piano and yours DAW for about 10-15 minutes before I'll change background MIDI-app to iGrand... After that CMP refuse to recieve MIDI...

Strange?
Support

Post by Support »

ErrkaPetti wrote:After that CMP refuse to recieve MIDI...
Or does the app's audio output get lost? If it's a MIDI problem you'll see iGrand's piano keys stop 'playing notes'. If it's an audio problem the keys will still be 'playing', but you don't hear anything.

Please tap the Studio button and choose 'Contact'. Then tap 'Copy Report'. Now past it in an email message and send it to support@multitrackstudio.com. Maybe something interesting was logged.

Giel Bremmers