Ipad 2 friendly?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
IanSainsbury

Ipad 2 friendly?

Post by IanSainsbury »

Hi, I'm very intrigued by this app, but wonder how CPU intensive it is? I have a lowly ipad 2 and recently bought cubasis, but I'm not enjoying the midi editor and I'm struggling to use much in IAA without problems. What do you think? And can you freeze tracks?
Thanks.
Support

Re: Ipad 2 friendly?

Post by Support »

IanSainsbury wrote:Hi, I'm very intrigued by this app, but wonder how CPU intensive it is? I have a lowly ipad 2 and recently bought cubasis, but I'm not enjoying the midi editor and I'm struggling to use much in IAA without problems. What do you think?
I haven't compared it to Cubasis, but we do test on iPad2. The most CPU-hungry parts are the Guitar Amp effect and the built-in piano sounds. Quite a lot of effort was put into making sure the piano can be played 'live' on iPad2, even when using the sustain pedal aggressively.
IanSainsbury wrote:And can you freeze tracks?
MIDI tracks using a built-in MIDI instrument can be copy-and-pasted to an audio track. This will work with IAA instruments too (note that IAA isn't supported yet).

If audio effects use too much processing power you can solo the track, export the mix and import it as a new track again. In this case you'll probably want to bypass any effects in the Master section first.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

When will MTS be ready for the iPod/iPhone? Say soon, say soon, say soon. :?: :!: :wink:
IanSainsbury

Post by IanSainsbury »

Thanks for the fast and helpful reply, Giel. How long will the introductory offer last? I'd like to see thesoundtestroom's video first!
Support

Post by Support »

Until January 20.

Giel Bremmers
Support

Post by Support »

uncle808us wrote:When will MTS be ready for the iPod/iPhone? Say soon, say soon, say soon. :?: :!: :wink:
There are no plans for something like that whatsoever....

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Well it was a beatiful dream. Thanks