Possible Bug, and a request for drawing midi volume levels

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
dinoroo

Possible Bug, and a request for drawing midi volume levels

Post by dinoroo »

Bug Report:

I had 16 midi tracks in the DAW, and when I went to mix it down I added the apps Altispace to the effects return and 'Audio Mastering' to the Master channel. After I output the mix to a wav file, I killed the apps. The next time I started the app, all 16 midi tracks were gone. Fortunately after digging around in the subfolders with iFunbox I found the midi files were still in the song folder and I didn't lose all of that work.

Also, is it planned to be able to draw volume curves so the midi notes don't have to be changed individually? Thanks.
Support

Re: Possible Bug, and a request for drawing midi volume leve

Post by Support »

dinoroo wrote:I had 16 midi tracks in the DAW, and when I went to mix it down I added the apps Altispace to the effects return and 'Audio Mastering' to the Master channel. After I output the mix to a wav file, I killed the apps. The next time I started the app, all 16 midi tracks were gone. Fortunately after digging around in the subfolders with iFunbox I found the midi files were still in the song folder and I didn't lose all of that work.
Ouch, that's bad. Will look into that.
dinoroo wrote:Also, is it planned to be able to draw volume curves so the midi notes don't have to be changed individually?
You can use volume or expression controllers of course.
Or are you suggesting to draw curves in note velocity editor and change the note velocities accordingly? That's not a bad idea actually.

This is what the note velocity editor looks like (in the desktop version). is that what you mean?

Giel Bremmers
dinoroo

Post by dinoroo »

Thanks for your reply. There's a number of ipad apps that let you "draw in" change your midi velocity data right on the velocity screen. Check out this video at 3:00 as an example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTDAv4m1wKo

I've seen even slicker variations of that but I can't think of what the apps are at the moment.

Thanks
Support

Post by Support »

OK, thanks for explaining. I will consider this.

Giel Bremmers
dinoroo

Post by dinoroo »

Better example, this app at about 1:15 in the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9qpdcRSDGg
Support

Post by Support »

Thanks for the second video.

A bug fix update is on its way (see http://www.multitrackstudio.com/forum/v ... f=4&t=2085).

Giel Bremmers