Audio time stretching

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
KenHardy

Audio time stretching

Post by KenHardy »

TWISTED WAVE AUDIO EDITOR, a $7.00 iOS app does very nice 16bit time tretching and pitch correction, along with a host of other audio wave editing functions. It states that it supports IAA, but I do not see it listed under the IAA apps in MTS FOR iPad. This app works beautifully for editing .wav or .aiff audio extracted from MTS tracks, pasted into Twisted Wave, and shuttled back (through AudioShare). Is there any way to access it from within MTS via IAA?

Ken Hardy
Support

Re: Audio time stretching

Post by Support »

MultitrackStudio effect slots list all IAA effects, so the app apparently isn't an effect. The app store description doesn't mention IAA at all, so I don't know what it's supposed to do.

Frankly, I don't think IAA can do anything that's more convenient than AudioShare in your case.

Giel Bremmers
KenHardy

Post by KenHardy »

Thanks for the follow-up. I can't find my IAA reference on Twisted Wave either, I must have been dreaming. But MTS's track import/export functions work great with AudioShare, and the latter easily pastes in and out of Twisted Wave for some very cool external audio editing. Strangely, .m4a files (Apple's own compressed audio file format ) cannot be imported into Twisted Wave at all (while .mp3 files can). However they can be easily converted to .wav format in AudioShare and then exported to TW as such. Pretty nice little combo to work around the audio wave time-stretching issue.
Dr. K.
KenHardy

Post by KenHardy »

Forgot to mention another inexpensive app for time-stretching and pitch-adjustment that also works nicely with MTS. Its called AudioStretch and cost about $5. Its perfect for changing the tempo and/or the pitch of an entire song or an entire single audio track. Wav tracks or entire songs can be exported from MTS into AudioShare then pasted into AudioStretch (recognized by AudioShare). Once in AudioStretch the tempo of the entire song/rack can be sped up in small or large increments without changing the pitch or the key of the song. Alternative the pitch/key can also be changed across and entire song or track, with or without a change in tempo. After the pitch/speed modifications, the modified track is e-mailed back to your iPad in a .m4a file which can be directly opened back into AudioShare, converted to .wav and imported back into MTS as needed. I just finished an entire multitrack song which turned out great, but felt just a tad slow. In increased the tempo of the whole song by 2%, and now it has just the right feel I originally wanted, and its in the exam same key. Audio quality seems identical to my ears.