iOS 8.1.1 and MTS FOR IPAD

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
KenHardy

iOS 8.1.1 and MTS FOR IPAD

Post by KenHardy »

I'm running iOS 7.1.2, on my iPad Air along with MTS V1.7.0 for iPad, and multiple other Apps, and everything in my iPad seems to be working perfectly. All my iPhones are now running iOS 8.1.1. with no apparent difficulties, but I'm concerned about updating my iPad because of possible conflicts with my resident Apps. Are there any reported conflicts between MTS V1.7.0 and iOS 8.1.1 which would worry me enough not to update my iPad??

Thanks, Dr. K.
Support

Re: iOS 8.1.1 and MTS FOR IPAD

Post by Support »

One of my MIDI interfaces is no longer recognized since moving to iOS 8. Other than this everything seems to work fine.

Giel Bremmers
KenHardy

Re: iOS 8.1.1 and MTS FOR IPAD

Post by KenHardy »

Good to know, thanks! My cheap old Griffin audio/midi StudioConnect is quirky, but generally seems to work pretty well with iOS 7.1.2 and MTS for iPad. I've been waiting with baited breath for either the Griffin StudioConnect HD, or the Alesis Core 2 audio/midi interfaces, to become available. They will each feature both a USB-in slot for a USB Controller Keyboard, as well as 5-din Midi in/out connectors for non-USB MIDI devices, USB-out (to Mac, PC, and/or iOS), and phantom power. No other currently available audio/midi interfaces for iPad have both USB AND DIN MIdi inputs. Since neither the Griffin HD nor the Alesis Core 2 are commercially available yet, when they finally are released (early 2015?), they will surely be optimized for iOS 8.0. So I'll probably stay with iOS 7.1.2 until I get my hands on one of those newer interfaces. Oddly, both have been promised for over a year, but neither has been delivered.....a bit worriesome.
Dr. K.