Creating duplicate tracks?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
uncle808us

Creating duplicate tracks?

Post by uncle808us »

Is there a way to duplicate a midi track with the same settings (instrument) ? And note content?
Thanks.
Support

Re: Creating duplicate tracks?

Post by Support »

There's no 'one tap' solution for that. You can add a new MIDI track, and then copy the instrument using drag-and-drop. Note can be copy-and-pasted.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Drag what to where? :D
Support

Post by Support »

You can drag the old track's instrument slot to the new track's instrument slot.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Perfect Thank you Mr.Bremmers :)
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Support wrote:You can drag the old track's instrument slot to the new track's instrument slot.

Giel Bremmers
I can't get this to work. Do you click and hold the track name? Or what? I have a track called Solo it is the overdrive guitar now I want to have a dublicate track same voice how do I do that? I can't figure it out. Thanks.
Support

Post by Support »

uncle808us wrote:I can't get this to work. Do you click and hold the track name? Or what? I have a track called Solo it is the overdrive guitar now I want to have a dublicate track same voice how do I do that? I can't figure it out. Thanks.
Put a finger on the instrument slot, and moving a bit to the left or right. Now you can see it move under your finger, and you can drag it to the other track's instrument slot.

Up/down movements scroll the tracks, that's why you have to move left or right first.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

OK I guess I don't know where the instrument slot is I looked in the manual on my iPad but it is not mentioned at least if it is I missed it. Which one is the instrument slot? Sorry to be so dense. Thanks
Support

Post by Support »

Sorry, I forgot to answer this one :(

The instrument slot appears on a MIDI track. It replaces the first effect slot, and it reads 'MTSi' be default.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Support wrote:Sorry, I forgot to answer this one :(

The instrument slot appears on a MIDI track. It replaces the first effect slot, and it reads 'MTSi' be default.

Giel Bremmers
Thanks no problem.