Update policy change

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Support

Update policy change

Post by Support »

Until now, MultitrackStudio licenses included one year of free updates. Upgrades were available which came with another year of free updates. This is going to change: from now on updates will be free. If you purchased (or upgraded) after October 28, 2013 you're entitled to lifetime free updates right now. If you purchased before this date you can purchase an upgrade (*), and from then on you'll get lifetime free updates.

The software world has changed over the last decade. Things move faster these days, so there are more (smaller) updates rather than occasional 'big bang' releases. Another trend is free operating system releases. Winner in this category is Apple, who's yearly OS X updates appear to break something badly every other year. Charging for updates isn't a natural fit in this landscape.

The paid upgrade revenue was rather substantial. To compensate for this loss there's now a Donate button, which you can use whenever you feel like saying 'thank you for the awesome update'. You can donate any amount, any time! ;-)

(*) Emails with upgrade instructions will be sent on October 30, 2015.

Giel Bremmers
Saz

Re: Update policy change

Post by Saz »

Yet another reason why MultitrackStudio and the people behind it, are the best!

Thanks, Giel!
cidbil

Post by cidbil »

:D .....just noticed all the effects presets...awesome!!!
Thierry

Post by Thierry »

Giel thank you very much, I have to update my version 7 today.
I wait for the download link and get started! :D

Best Regards,
Thierry - France
nickb2010

Post by nickb2010 »

Thanks Giel for another great update...

Thinking back over the last few years. I don't think recording would have been so easy or so much fun if it wasn't for this remarkable piece of software :D :D :D

Nick B
Thierry

Post by Thierry »

cidbil wrote::D .....just noticed all the effects presets...awesome!!!
+1

Thierry - France
firefly

Post by firefly »

Thank you - I can honestly say this is one of the few products I've ever purchased that I've been totally happy with...and now I have a reason to be even happier!
firefly

Post by firefly »

Oh, and in case any of you wanted to know who Christian C. Thompson is (the guy who programed the latest presets in Multitrack Studio), here you go:

http://christiancthompson.com/index.html

I didn't know who he was so I "googled" him....but then I'm OLD.....
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Thanks Giel. MTS is truely a great little DAW the does all I need, well almost :oops:
And it just got greater :D
K-N-M

Post by K-N-M »

Looks like I’ll be buying another upgrade! Never mind, just did! My last update was 7.81 and has been good; was going to wait until I seen some other features added that I “had to have”, but can’t pass this one up.

Thanks Giel, I do love the MTS DAW, is my favorite out a good handful I’ve tried, I mean I wish some other features would eventually make its way to the program, but nonetheless it is great.

Thank you again.
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

Thank you for all of your hard work Giel. You have brought MTS a long ways from where I first started with it in 2005. It amazes me how you listen and the patience you have for the different requests and questions that are thrown at you and then come out with ideas that are implemented which works for everyone or almost everyone. The new presets will come in handy for starting points and attract new comers that have no idea where to start when it comes to sounds processing. With 3 big projects coming up starting next week with new customers, MTS will be my partner hard at work once again!!! :D

Did I dream a Harmonizer plugin was on the way? :wink:
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

André Giroux wrote: Did I dream a Harmonizer plugin was on the way? :wink:
Maybe we could make it a group dream :mrgreen: