VST MODO Bass - "does not have 32 bits code" error

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
RobJackson

VST MODO Bass - "does not have 32 bits code" error

Post by RobJackson »

Hi,

Is there anything I can do about this or am I stuck? Full error message is:

VST Plugin "MODO BASS" does not have 32 bits code. It cannot be used with MultitrackStudio.

I'm on Mac, Pro 8.5. There doesn't seem to be separate 32 and 64 bit versions of the app as there is with Windows?

:(

Thanks, -Rob
Support

Re: VST MODO Bass - "does not have 32 bits code" error

Post by Support »

RobJackson wrote:There doesn't seem to be separate 32 and 64 bit versions of the app as there is with Windows?
It works differently on Mac: 32 and 64 bits versions of a program are in the same executable.

MultitrackStudio is currently 32 bits only, so only VST plugins that have 32 bits code can be used.

Giel Bremmers
Lamoreaux

Post by Lamoreaux »

Support wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:46 pm
RobJackson wrote:There doesn't seem to be separate 32 and 64 bit versions of the app as there is with Windows?
It works differently on Mac: 32 and 64 bits versions of a program are in the same executable.

MultitrackStudio and Performer 8 will help you and are currently 32 bits only, so only VST plugins that have 32 bits code can be used.

Giel Bremmers
Hi Giel, any ETA on the 64 bit version of the MultitrackStudio? If you're working on it at all.
Support

Post by Support »

Lamoreaux wrote:Hi Giel, any ETA on the 64 bit version of the MultitrackStudio? If you're working on it at all.
It's planned for this year.

Giel Bremmers
nickb2010

Post by nickb2010 »

64 bit version :D :D :D really looking forward to this. Funnily, I thought it was 64 bit already :shock: :shock:

Found a cassette tape (strange things from the Dark Ages) of recordings from over 20 years ago. Found a little concept album of tunes based around Mysterious Places. Thinking back to those times and being amazed how you to had to record, got me thinking that perhaps you can use too much nowadays. There is always another plugin that's going to change everything. So I decided only to use MultiTrackStudio (well perhaps with a single Tracks Bus Compressor, to be used once in a blue moon) from now on. Do you know, listening to the quality of recording from my early MTS (Version 3 !!!) stuff, I think they were better than all the Waves/Tracks et al enhanced ones, too many artifacts getting in there somehow. MTS still rules here......

Nick B
moxol

Post by moxol »

I downloaded and installed MTS Lite x64 version.
What do you mean there isn't 64 bit version?
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

I think Giel was refering to the mac version.
Support

Post by Support »

sinbad wrote:I think Giel was refering to the mac version.
I was! The Mac version is currently 32 bits only. The Windows version has been available in both 32 and 64 bits versions for a long time.

Giel Bremmers