Using Tuner effect

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
moxol

Using Tuner effect

Post by moxol »

I have tried using Tuner effect but I see no difference in sound.

I have a track with Flute instrument. I have put 45 cents offset for C7 note, but I don't hear any difference.
I have instead tried Transposer effect that has Cents knob, and I have set 45 cents and I can hear a difference.

Am I using Tuner effect wrong?
sinbad

Re: Using Tuner effect

Post by sinbad »

The tuner is for tuning your instrument ie. for making a comparison between the input signal and the note you want. See Help file: "The Tuner effect can be used to tune instruments like guitar, bass etc"

The transpose will transpose the input signal to suit the parameter you select. See Help file: The Transposer effect shifts the pitch of the audio signal by the amount set by the Semitones and Cents knobs. Pitch can be shifted up to one octave up or down. The Transposer features two programs: Monophonic and Polyphonic.
moxol

Post by moxol »

sinbad wrote:The tuner is for tuning your instrument ie. for making a comparison between the input signal and the note you want. See Help file: "The Tuner effect can be used to tune instruments like guitar, bass etc"

The transpose will transpose the input signal to suit the parameter you select. See Help file: The Transposer effect shifts the pitch of the audio signal by the amount set by the Semitones and Cents knobs. Pitch can be shifted up to one octave up or down. The Transposer features two programs: Monophonic and Polyphonic.
Oh, sorry, I obviosly didn't used it properly.
I have an ixox_flute VSTi that has some high notes that have to be tuned, because they are little offset.
Is there anything I can use beside Transpose for that purpose?
Or can I use Transpose just in some places?
moxol

Post by moxol »

I overlooked that I can use Pitch controller to tune notes.