Set our own keyboard shortcuts.

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
uncle808us

Set our own keyboard shortcuts.

Post by uncle808us »

This would be a vast improvement. If we could assign our own keyboard assignments. I know for the price I should not complain.
Do we want cheap or good?
Support

Re: Set our own keyboard shortcuts.

Post by Support »

Which shortcuts are bothering you in particular?

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Support wrote:Which shortcuts are bothering you in particular?

Giel Bremmers
I have given this some thought and the only thing that keeps coming to me is the ability to enter notes with a right mouse click instead of holding the opt key to switch between select and enter note. (Select with the left mouse click, enter note with the right mouse click this would make note entry much faster, at least for me.
Thanks
steve64

Post by steve64 »

Speaking about shortcuts, the F7 and F8 keys (Cycle start and end) are not very nice for iMac with the small keyboard
since they require to be pressed together with the "cmd" key.
Making these actions customizable, or at least mapped on plain letters, could be helpful since
I use cycling a lot in composing and mixing.

Even better would be a different solution for defining the cycling interval as I already proposed in other posts.
GarageBand and Logic Pro X are the best from this point of view with the yellow cursor that can be
moved and resized with the mouse. MuLab is also quite good.
I may understand there is an effort behind, but it would be a great improvement.
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

steve64 wrote:Speaking about shortcuts, the F7 and F8 keys (Cycle start and end) are not very nice for iMac with the small keyboard
That's not the behavior on MacBook Pro OS X El Capitan Ver 10.11.6 you only need to press F7 or F8 there may exist some setting in system preferences for this.
steve64

Post by steve64 »

uncle808us wrote:
steve64 wrote:Speaking about shortcuts, the F7 and F8 keys (Cycle start and end) are not very nice for iMac with the small keyboard
That's not the behavior on MacBook Pro OS X El Capitan Ver 10.11.6 you only need to press F7 or F8 there may exist some setting in system preferences for this.
OK, thanks.
Actually I know that, but I would prefer to use the top keys for changing the audio volume, for instance.
So the flag in my use case would be unchecked and F7/F8 would require "cmd"...

Again, cycling is a very frequently used mode. IMHO it's still not very easy to use in MTStudio as
in other DAWs.
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

You could use the fn+the F keys for changing the audio volume,etc.
Did you know that in stopped mode you can drag the cycle marks to new places. without the option key now. It's a big improvement.
steve64

Post by steve64 »

uncle808us wrote:You could use the fn+the F keys for changing the audio volume,etc.
Did you know that in stopped mode you can drag the cycle marks to new places. without the option key now. It's a big improvement.
Thanks, I was not aware of this new direct dragging.
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

it would be nice too be able to drag these while playing and if the locations would be remembered in the saved file.