2 things I wish I did not have to do every time

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
uncle808us

2 things I wish I did not have to do every time

Post by uncle808us »

keep cycle/loop locations upon opening and saving file.
Keep snap choice on upon open and saving file.
K-N-M

Re: 2 things I wish I did not have to do every time

Post by K-N-M »

uncle808us wrote:keep cycle/loop locations upon opening and saving file.
Keep snap choice on upon open and saving file.
I agree, quite often I want to pickup where I left off and have the loop cycle simply upon pressing the transport start stop after opening a song file / project, currently we have to re-add the cycle points every time. Hopefully this can be a future consideration.

Same for the Snap to grid button. If I'm working on a project where I use the grid, it makes sense to just leave this on every time the song file opens that project.

I must say this may not seem like a big deal, but very convenient.
I remember FL Studio opens each song exactly where you leave off, if you had several plugin or VSTis open, they all opened when you opened the project, precisely where you left them, which made it pleasant jumping right back into a project (or at least the version I used last, was like FL 10 or 11) but was very handy to pickup where you leave off. Sure, it isn't 100% necessary, but improves workflow.

It does seem MTS is slowly getting some of the handy features though, can hope for a future update with the small details like this; but I'm happy Giel is still adding stuff / fixing bugs and such, this last update got some handy features and I'm thankful for that.
uncle808us

Re: 2 things I wish I did not have to do every time

Post by uncle808us »

I'm happy Giel is still adding stuff / fixing bugs and such, this last update got some handy features and I'm thankful for that.
I agree.
Thank you Giel. It is appreciated.
Always looking to improve my workflow.