Set a default duration for entered notes.

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
uncle808us

Set a default duration for entered notes.

Post by uncle808us »

Hi Me again something else I was thinking of Setting the default duration for entered notes in the score editor.
Is there a way to do this? Could there be? Please. Thanks.
moxol

Re: Set a default duration for entered notes.

Post by moxol »

It seems to me, judging by your posts, that you are a little petty.
You are asking for some minor irrelevant things because you are too lazy to click one more button or two.
Focus on the music, and forget about that software should be perfect in everything that cross your mind.
If 95% percent of software works good, than forget about rest of 5% that are not important and crucial for recording.
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

moxol wrote:It seems to me, judging by your posts, that you are a little petty.
You are asking for some minor irrelevant things because you are too lazy to click one more button or two.
Focus on the music, and forget about that software should be perfect in everything that cross your mind.
If 95% percent of software works good, than forget about rest of 5% that are not important and crucial for recording.
Thank you.
K-N-M

Post by K-N-M »

moxol wrote:It seems to me, judging by your posts, that you are a little petty.
Sometimes the little features / enhancements make a world of difference. Are they always necessary? Of course not, but it makes the user experience / workflow better and adds to proficiency.

I think MTS could benefit from quite a few enhancements to keep it moving it into the present / future, along side other DAWs, it is a great platform, but some enhancements, even small are good for it.

Over the last number of years it has gotten some extra features, many that are fantastic, and I'm glad Giel is still trying to make MTS even better, but if we do not tell him things that could help make MTS better, how does he know?

Nothing wrong with sharing ideas on what could enhance MTS, we as users can comment as well on them (I remember someone wanting to switch MTS to vertical tracks / faders which I thought was a terrible idea :mrgreen:, I like the horizontal track strips as they are), and Giel can take note of them if he wants to, and maybe some of it will be implemented eventually.

For example: I love the built in MTS EQ and use it all the time, but I still think it could benefit with an update that gives it parametric abilities in the sub frequencies and high frequencies for notching / boosting specific freqs on those ranges, etc. I've asked / mentioned this a few times over the years, and nothing wrong with planting the seed for a possible enhancement. Which I made sure to do again now... :mrgreen:

I don't think sharing our thoughts on possible enhancements is petty, how else does a developer know what users want? Nothing wrong with trying to add features that will help your workflow / speed up your process in mixing, mastering, or all around creating.
moxol

Post by moxol »

I agree about functionality improvements, not about "one click do tasks" because this leads to confusion and overcrowding menus.

What uncle808us asks, I think already exists with quantify option.
Even if it doesn't, is it to much to click couple of notes and set them all to 1/4 or 1/8?

You know, musicians in 60's and 70's didn't have or worry about such things, they recorded it all again if it's not good, focus was not on studio equipment but on quality of music and musicians.