Is there a way to ..

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Robomusic

Is there a way to ..

Post by Robomusic »

spilt apart a midi drum track so that each drum part is on a separate track?
I want to be able to process and adjust each instrument separately?
Saz

Re: Is there a way to ..

Post by Saz »

Robomusic wrote:spilt apart a midi drum track so that each drum part is on a separate track?
I want to be able to process and adjust each instrument separately?
Yep - this feature was added in the past year I believe.

Split Streams: (multiple stream MIDI track only). Splits the MIDI file in separate single-stream files, these new files will be loaded in new tracks.

You can access it from the File Options Menu.
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

yeah i know how to breakdown the full midi file, but what i want to do is to breakdown the actual drum track
Saz

Post by Saz »

hmmm - IIRC, I imported a midi drum track and applied this feature and got separate tracks for bass, snare, toms, etc. I could be mistaken.

Beyond that I don't have a clue - sorry. :?
snaarman

Post by snaarman »

I can imagine you could extract the drums from a multi track midi file using "split stream".. However I just tried to extract the snare part from one of my (sampler) midi drum tracks and you don't get the "split streams" option because it is only a single stream.

You can create a "new stream" and cut/paste the individual drum part into it - but I don't think this is what you want to do.. I imagine that (like me) you might like to add reverb to snare without adding it to the whole drum kit - for example.

Right now I don't see a way of doing that except you cut/paste sections of the drums into different midi tracks and apply effect track by track. Not the most elegant method, maybe there is a better way, but I don't see it at present.

However, if the drums were miked, then you would have a track per drum, so maybe its not so inelegant after all...

:)

Pete H
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Okay I figured it out, open the drum track, and select the drum screen, the highlight only one drum hit, like say a snare hit and then drag side ways in that line, then click on select all, that will select all the snare hits then copy and paste to a separate midi track, repeat for each drum sound and then you have separate drum tracks to process
snaarman

Post by snaarman »

Yes, exactly: You've got it :)

Now try sending that track to its own effects return, put in EQ, Reverb and Noise Gate to get that tacky gated reverb sound on snare...

PH
uncle808us

Re: Select one drum instrument all notes?

Post by uncle808us »

After searching 17 pages of posts this is all I could find. I can't get it to work. it is 2005 post.
Is there a way to select just the snare notes or Bass drum notes or any individual drum instruments notes?
Robomusic wrote:Okay I figured it out, open the drum track, and select the drum screen, the highlight only one drum hit, like say a snare hit and then drag side ways in that line, then click on select all, that will select all the snare hits then copy and paste to a separate midi track, repeat for each drum sound and then you have separate drum tracks to process
Support

Post by Support »

In 'select notes' mode you can click the first bass drum note. Then click the last bass drum note while pressing the Shift key. This is new in version 9.

In 'select part' mode you can click a note name (on the left) and then click Select All. Doing this in reverse order works too. Clicking the note names toggles between 'select this instrument' and 'select all instruments'.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Beautiful Thank you.