Withdrawal symptoms.....

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
nickb2010

Withdrawal symptoms.....

Post by nickb2010 »

PHEW :shock: :shock: :shock: ....Had about 10 days away from MultitrackStudio.....used a DAW at someone's place which is supposed to emulate a million dollar mixing desk....it taught me how lucky I was with my preferred DAW. What with crashes, having to manually route signal paths, constant rescans for VST's, a nasty habit of hanging MIDI notes, having no Master Track to see the overall picture (great feature :D :D ), the list goes on and on and on.....thanks Giel for your wonderful software, currently running in front of me washing away the effects of using another DAW and having just discovered something called Chords Tracks....never saw this feature on there before....I must read the User Manual one day, too busy making music I suppose :D :D :D

Nick B
sinbad

Re: Withdrawal symptoms.....

Post by sinbad »

What a difference a daw makes :mrgreen:
nickb2010

Post by nickb2010 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one.....easy to forget how all the signal paths, bounces, etc. are seemlessly handled by MultitrackStudio. Strange how people enjoy making life difficult for themselves, isn't that called masoscism?
tmon

Post by tmon »

Good post. Sad how easily others are taken in by bloatware marketing....MTS Pro is the best bang for buck DAW, but also, just a great DAW, period.
nickb2010

Post by nickb2010 »

I still regard MTS has the best piece of software I've ever bought :D :D :D :D I realised I got my first version over 10 years ago :shock: :shock: :shock: I always loved the clean, uncluttered feel. So easy to get everything on the single screen. As for the "sound engine", no matter what I've thrown at it, it always dealt with it, I think I've counted crashes on one hand, and that was probably Microsoft Windows fault. The one feature I missed while using other DAWs was the Master Track, having a "wave" display showing what's happening is so, so useful, easier to see a problem that way than some red flash on a meter, that one feature alone sells MTS to me :D :D :D :D

Nick B
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

I moved to MtStudio from N-Track, which then was a very buggy program crashing more often than working. I liked the price and the simplicity of MTS, but above all the stability. The only crashes I experienced were from plugins and windows. I still use it as my go to DAW because I'm used to it, and it does what I need. If there is something I need outside the scope of MTS I use Reaper, but I never got my head around Reaper, so I rarely use it. I only use it to re-rout a midi output to a seperate track when I use MidiGuitar, but then I import the midi into MTS and carry on with vsti's. It's not the sexiest looking DAW, but then I'm not the sexiest looking home recorder. :mrgreen:
nickb2010

Post by nickb2010 »

After a hiatus from music for a few years, MTS was my first modern DAW, having only used MIDI only programs. After experimenting with giveaway discs of other DAWs, I though life was too short to learn them, so was relieved to discover when I googled for a "multitrack studio" I got MultitrackStudio...

I did recently switch the display from "gray" to "classic", for some reason I work better in green and I missed the old LEDs on the volume meters and the metallic feel of everything......makes me feel like I'm back in 2008 :D :D :D

Nick B
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

I agree that MTS is a great Daw.
I'm aware that I ask what some my think are petty requests, but I want Mr. Bremmers to consider them anyway.
I use MTS daily and find it very useful for my needs.
Have fun composing guys and have a productive time.
nickb2010

Post by nickb2010 »

One of the great things I have found about MTS is the support and response to requests/ideas. I have had some small issues with some VSTi's etc and it was amazing how quickly any issue was dealt with. Still the best support I've ever come across.......

I did a nostalgia trip today and tried some of the older MTS versions.....starting from V4 up to V7. It was interesting to see the progression of features and technological advances over the past 10 years I have used it, yet MTS still kept the overall feel that worked so well :D :D :D
moxol

Post by moxol »

I like MTS because of interface simplicity, fast working, good support, license without restriction on all computers.
I hate other DAW's because of interface complexity and system requirements, many of them filled with
non-intuitive mumbo jumbo for which you need book to understand them.
I used Cakewalk Pro Audio 9 years back, but with next versions Cakewalk started to complicate
interface so much that I was really frustrated with it.
I think MTS is most similar to Cakewalk 9, with advances of course, and that's why I like it.
nickb2010

Post by nickb2010 »

I did have a good example today of the brilliant editing facilities with MTS, I am so used to them I think I began to take it for granted that you could deal with audio issues. A friend brought me a vocal track, there were problems with volume levels, and some serious spikes, mainly on the P's. The person who made them had tried compressors etc, to try to deal with the issues. Me, I just used the Wave Editor, isolated the spikes, zoomed in, used the Edit function and manually lowered the spikes. As for the variable volume levels, having the "scrubbers" on the tracks it was easy to hear what could be modified and highlight them, lowered some volumes, raised others...VOILA !!!! Less than 10 minutes work, as compared to the originators 2 days without success...… I am now wearing my smugness medal :D :D :D

Nick B