Delay with Input Signal

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Ladegn

Delay with Input Signal

Post by Ladegn »

Hello to All,

I have been using a Peavey USB8 mixer for my interface for about four years. Works well, but being that it has a separate power supply, it is prone to some hiss and other unwanted noise which gets worse when phantom power is turned on.

After reading some reviews on the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Generation), I purchased one. I followed all the instructions for installation. The sound quality is very good compared to the Peavey and the hiss is gone (so far).

However, I am getting a delay when I record. I don't know if latency is the proper term for this case, as what I hear through the headphones seems to be right on. However, when watching my track when recording AND during playback, there is a delay. I hear and feel that I am strumming on the beat, but in the display and playback, it is coming in a bit late. Sounds like a drunk guy in my studio can't keep up!

I took out the human element and made a recording playing the click track in the background and used the microphone to record the clicks from my headphones. Yep, the delay is still there. I hooked up my Peavey Mixer and did the same thing, no delay.

I don't know how to attach an image I made of the screen shot!

So, I will try to make a graphic representation of the issue:

*--------*--------*--------* Actual Click Track: * is Click
*--------*--------*--------* Peavey USB 8 Mixer
--*--------*--------*--------* 2i2

Any help would be much appreciated!

A great day to all!

Fred
Ladegn

Re: Delay with Input Signal

Post by Ladegn »

PROBLEM FIXED.

Changed Driver type from Windows to ASIO.
Saz

Re: Delay with Input Signal

Post by Saz »

Thumbsup! 8)