Question about file extensions

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Tjrich12

Question about file extensions

Post by Tjrich12 »

Hey board, when I record an MTS track it gets saved automatically as an "lst" file. Is this correct? I want to use other editing software but it doesn't recognize the "lst" file so I assume it needs to see "wav" files. Any ideas?
moxol

Re: Question about file extensions

Post by moxol »

Tjrich12 wrote:Hey board, when I record an MTS track it gets saved automatically as an "lst" file. Is this correct? I want to use other editing software but it doesn't recognize the "lst" file so I assume it needs to see "wav" files. Any ideas?
You can save track as midi, wav, mp3... file.
Tjrich12

Post by Tjrich12 »

moxol wrote: You can save track as midi, wav, mp3... file.

It sounds like an easy fix but the existing files I want to use are "lst" and MTS won't allow them to be changed to "wav". The message box that pops up says:

"Output file has wrong format, or it cannot be created."

Nothing I've tried seems to work with an existing "lst" file so I'll add the vocals and try to save it as a "wav" to see if that works.
cidbil

Post by cidbil »

What version of MTS are you using? According to the manual, .lst files haven't been used since Version 5......also according to the manual, .lst is the equivalent to .aem which is how an edited track gets saved now....I edited a track, it was saved as .aem, and I was able to save it as a .wav.......
Tjrich12

Post by Tjrich12 »

cidbil wrote:What version of MTS are you using? According to the manual, .lst files haven't been used since Version 5......also according to the manual, .lst is the equivalent to .aem which is how an edited track gets saved now....I edited a track, it was saved as .aem, and I was able to save it as a .wav.......

I'm using Professional 4.3.1.0, it dated 2007...older but still great.

I emailed the "Awesome Giel" and he gave me the fix. MTS had to see a different name/title for the track and after I changed it I was able to save it as a "wav" file. I'm using one of the tracks now in the other program. :-)

Hopefully it'll help someone else if they run into it again.