AMPLITUDE not working in MTS

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Drdrdaddeo

AMPLITUDE not working in MTS

Post by Drdrdaddeo »

The AMPLITUDE APP does not seem to function correctly in MTS. I can’t get it linked to MTS via Audiobus2 at all. It does appear in MTS as an optional IAA instrument which can be easily linked to a track as an effect. However, once linked to a track, much of the time it does nothing, and when it does none of the Apps presets seem to work. This may be worsened if an MTS track’s previous effects were already previously applied to that track. The problem is intermittent, but that app rarely works correctly. I like to record guitar dry, then screen different effects, amps, and cabinets using AMPLITUDE the same way I use MTS’s effects, but that seems currently impossible. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
drdrdaddeo
Drdrdaddeo

Re: AMPLITUDE not working in MTS

Post by Drdrdaddeo »

No response from anyone out there.....still hoping for advice. I have submitted a request for assistance from the iK Multimedia folks that produce the Amplitube effects app, but thus far 4 days and no response back from either them or MTS. Perhaps importantly, several years ago the same problem was reported with Amplitube in MTS for Windows 10. Aparently iK Multimedia released an update with an IAA Audio compatibility fix which apparently resolved that problem. Amplitube is one of the best and most popular guitar effects Apps available out there for iOS. It would be great for everyone’s sales if AMPLITUBE and MTS For iPAD played a bit more nicely with one another.

DRDRDADDEO
Support

Post by Support »

My advice is to ask your favorite amp effect developer for AU support. It was introduced in iOS 9.

IAA isn't a top priority any more I'm afraid.

Giel Bremmers
Drdrdaddeo

Post by Drdrdaddeo »

Thanks, that’s a good idea. I can see why IAA isn’t prioritized anymore.....it’s apparently very finicky. I’ll pass that request along to the iK Multimedia folks. Importantly, AMPLITUBE doesn’t work with MTS via Audiobus either, and yet it’s developers claim both Audiobus and IAA support. Maybe AU support is the only solution for that app.
Drdrdaddeo

Post by Drdrdaddeo »

Well, I never did get a response back from the iK MultiMedia folks about the AMPLITUBE problem either as an IAA effect, or per Geil’s suggestion that they provide AU support for the App. But suddenly, one day after I wrote a very nasty one star review of their App (which they still haven’t posted), to my great surprise, AMPLITUDE now seems to be working perfectly in MTS for iPad. I don’t know if they pushed a repair update through, or if it is just serendipity, but either way Amplitube now seems to be working very nicely in MTS for ipad. Of note, there is a drum pattern/fill looper option in AMPLITUBE that is really quite good for arranging percussion lines and it copy/pastes directly into MTS for iPad. That option alone validates the relatively high price of the Amplitube App. But now that the effects functions seem to be working, AMPLITUBE is a very cool addition to the excellent effects already available in MTS for iPad (as long as it keeps working as an IAA tool).

Drdrdaddeo
Drdrdaddeo

Post by Drdrdaddeo »

Just a final follow-up. AMPLITUBE continues now to work flawlessly as an IAA Effect in my iPad Pro with MTS For iPad. Importantly, after seven days I’ve received NO COMMUNICATION AT ALL FROM IK MULTIMEDIA (so much for their great support program). But I am convinced they quietly implemented a fix as the problem is now completely resolved with no changes having been made to MTS, or anything having been implemented by me (other than bitching like hell on the AMPLITUBE reviews). A while back I had the same problem with the KORG MODULE support people.....i.e. NO REPLY AT ALL to my on-line customer support requests. Instead, it was Giel who figured out the problem (which was 48 khz vs 44 khz sampling default). I now use Korg Module, Sample Tank, AND AMPLITUBE with impunity, having worked through the kinks with Geil Bremmers knowledgeable support.....Thanks again, Geil.
Drdrdaddeo

Post by Drdrdaddeo »

Just a brief follow-up note. I finally heard back from IK Multimedia (after two weeks) regarding the AMPLITUBE App malfunctioning in MTS. They did extensive testing and indeed noticed the same problems I was having trying to link signal through AudioBus 2 into MTS for ipad. Thankfully, they have fixed the problem (I tried it and it is now working). Similar to my comments above, IK Multimedia is also currently finding no problems with AMPLITUBE being used as an IAA effect within MTS for iPad. Exactly who supplied the fix is unclear, but it is now working perfectly. IK appreciated Geil Bremmers suggestion that AMPLITUBE be given AU support and they are researching that popular option(which isn’t currently urgent as the IAA link now functions perfectly).

Again my appreciation to the MTS and AMPLITUBE developers and support forums for promptly listening, responding, and addressing/correcting these issues. Now if I could only get Geil to give us a TRACK MERGE in MTS for iPad.

Drdrdaddeo