Tribute to a friend

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
Robomusic

Tribute to a friend

Post by Robomusic »

My recording buddy Pete, lost his brother last year. David was a musician, and loved to record his music, he was once called the "king of covers" he died about a year ago at the age of 49 from a massive heart attack. As this was Pete's younger brother, he took it pretty hard. and was kind enough to share a nice selection of David's music over at AcidPlanet.com. He made a Cd of a few of the tunes for me to listen to and there was one called Voices, that was nothing but a short keyboard tune with no lyrics an unfinished song from all the way back in 1990. It was forgotten for the most part, but had a powerful sound to it. He mentioned how he wished he could write lyrics for it, and when i got home i listened to it twice and then lyrics just jumped out, so i recorded the lyrics and send an MP3 to Pete, and he immediately added a third verse. Last week after almsot a year we got together at my studio and laid down the vocals and mixed it down, while it is not perfect, it has a raw power to it, that gives of a strong vibe. I thought i would share it with the folks here on the MTS forum, to show what can be done for the new folks and to share with all this emotional piece. I hope you like it. it is the last song on the page at the bottom http://www.motagator.net/bands/145/