EQ sweep in MTS

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
sinbad

EQ sweep in MTS

Post by sinbad »

Hi everbody,
I'm new here, an old battered n-tracker looking for an alternative. I've tried the MTS-Lite version and it although I have just fooled around with it, it hasn't crashed yet :) One thing I couldn't figure out though is how to do an EQ sweep with a very narrow frequency band across an audio file. It's the only function that I would really miss I guess.
Any ideas?
Saz

Post by Saz »

Hi sinbad,

With the built-in EQ you can sweep from 50Hz up to 2kHz(Lo Mid) and from 500Hz up to 12kHz(Hi Mid), -12 dB to +12 dB with a bandwidth of 0.05 to 2 octaves. That's what's on my ProPlus version - not sure about the Lite version. :?

Beyond that, you would need a plugin.
snaarman

Post by snaarman »

I don't think you can automatically sweep the MTS eq..
It sounds a but like you want a tweaked auto waah pedal effect???

P
Support

Post by Support »

snaarman wrote:I don't think you can automatically sweep the MTS eq..
In the Pro Plus editition you can automate just about every rotary knob. If you rightclick it an Automated Fader-like editor pops up.
snaarman

Post by snaarman »

Aaah!

You hear that guys??

Cool or what :-)
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

It?s not an automated sweep I?m looking for (although that could be interesting), it?s just a manual sweep for isolating bum tones in an audio file. The one in n-track works pretty well, the scale goes down to 0.1 so if we are talking about the same physical entity, the 0.05 in MTS should work just as good. I hope it is in the Lite version so I can try it at the weekend.
SleggTheSockpuppet

Post by SleggTheSockpuppet »

" If you rightclick it an Automated Fader-like editor pops up.":

xcpt it doesn't on my proplus 3.1.1.0 .... one day i will be able to afford to upgrade to v4
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

I think the N-T EQ should work in MTS as well, just keep the old crasher on the hard drive.
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

good idea, I don't know which version to keep at the moment :?
I have a few songs done with n-track which I want to redo in mts and I installed it just to see which tracks belonged to which song, and zapp: blue screens galore. There is something in there that just won't work. To be fair to Flavio I think a lot of the blame falls on my soundcard drivers (Behringer). They are a disaster, they even manage to screw up mts by requesting a reset in the middle of a tune :?: which stops the transport. Luckily that doesn't happen very much, at mts doesn't crash :D . I got my eye on the emu 1616m but funds are short so I'll have to soldier on.
teej813

Post by teej813 »

I've tried N's parametric EQ in MTS.. it worked kinda.. MTS crashed a few times, so i stopped using it.

I find that the MTS Equaliser works pretty darned well for what i need. Yes, occasionally it's nice to have more bands, but 4 + 2 does it for most tracks.

And yes, sweeping to find nasties works great in the Equaliser.

EDIT:
N's graphic EQ seems to work fine in MTS.

teej
submission

Post by submission »

Here is a nice EQ plug in and its Free.
The Mastering version uses more CPU then the standared version for better quality , other then that , its the same EQ
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1127.html[/url]
Saz

Post by Saz »

submission wrote:Here is a nice EQ plug in and its Free.
The Mastering version uses more CPU then the standared version for better quality , other then that , its the same EQ
http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1127.html[/url]
Agreed!

In fact, all of slim slow slider's plugins are worth checking out... http://www.geocities.jp/webmaster_of_sss/vst/
teej813

Post by teej813 »

Interesting. That looks exactly like N's new graphic EQ. Hmmmmm... Same with his multi-band comp!

teej
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Yep the fancy ones in N are these dudes.
submission

Post by submission »

Here are a few more Nice Plugins ,

http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/classic-series.php

THERE ALL_____ FREE FREE FREE_____.

The EQ is not as fancy as the other one I listed but still a nice plugin.
I like the Reverb the best.....