Moving MTS from PC to PC

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Grampasso

Moving MTS from PC to PC

Post by Grampasso »

First of all I want to greet everybody here and sorry for my bad English.

I have MTS installed in a "old" PC with all VST/DX effects and VST instruments and also all my songs.

Now it's time to change PC and I have to move MTS and other stuff to a new PC.

So I'll install MTS on new machine and I'll move VST directory to an external HD for space reasons.

What I've to do to not lose all effects and instrument parameters in the tracks?

Tnx and greetings
snaarman

Post by snaarman »

Hi there...
Good english actually !!

OK, if you keep each song in a different folder, then you copy all the folders to the new disk. Each song details are kept in the .HDR file and this points to the .LST .WAV >GJM or .MID files that you used last time you worked on that song.

When you run MTS on the new machine you will have to search for each song to load it the first time. If you have put your VST instruments in the MTS default folder, or if you have changed the MTD default folder for VST instruments using the MTS preferences --- then it should find and play the song.

I have done this myself and I did recover all my songs

Pete...
Grampasso

Post by Grampasso »

Thank you for your suggest!

Just another small question: will I loose VSTi and effects' settings?

Tnx

Cia
Gra
snaarman

Post by snaarman »

No, if you keep each folder complete with all the wav, gjm, mid lst and hdr files together, you should keep all the VSTi settings and effects correctly

Pete
Grampasso

Post by Grampasso »

Tnx! It works!!!
I had just to re-install a couple of DX-effects (simple moving them from the old pc to the external HD didn't work), re-load single tracks and everything is ok!

Bye
Gra
Mac

Post by Mac »

DX effects must be installed because they write to the registry.

As you found out.

Enjoy,

--Mac