Midi sync out

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Gaetan

Midi sync out

Post by Gaetan »

Hello,

I'm using MTS like a midi controller and sequencer for external gears (a Analog four). Everything is working except synchronize the ipad (in a Alesis I/O dock) and the Analog four. Is it possible to send the clock out?
Thanks!
Support

Re: Midi sync out

Post by Support »

That's currently not possible with the iPad version. I didn't expect people to do this with an iPad, but apparently I was wrong. You're request has been noted.

Giel Bremmers
Gaetan

Post by Gaetan »

Support wrote:That's currently not possible with the iPad version. I didn't expect people to do this with an iPad, but apparently I was wrong. You're request has been noted.

Giel Bremmers
Thanks, it would be really useful! I like composing on the ipad, sketching a song, and send everything in my stuffs. I'm not slaved to my computer like that.
Support

Post by Support »

The 1.1 version can send sync code. The good news is that the "MIDI Clock" option works. The bad news is that the MTC 24/25/30 options don't work correctly :oops: . This will be fixed in the next update.

Giel Bremmers
Gaetan

Post by Gaetan »

Support wrote:The 1.1 version can send sync code. The good news is that the "MIDI Clock" option works. The bad news is that the MTC 24/25/30 options don't work correctly :oops: . This will be fixed in the next update.
Really good news, finally i can work with MTS again. I'm at work so i'll try this night. What do you mean by MTC 24/25/30 options?

You're fast with the update, i'm impressed, thanks a lot.
Support

Post by Support »

Gaetan wrote:What do you mean by MTC 24/25/30 options?
That's SMPTE timecode.

Giel Bremmers
Gaetan

Post by Gaetan »

Hello Giel,

I've tried all the night to make it work, and it work well, but i've weird things happening, and i'm a bit lost. Maybe you'll be able to help me, maybe not (maybe it's the octatrack fault).

I managed to sync correctly with the Analog four, and recording my tracks into. i try with the octatrack, but at first i've to find the way to choose midi channels out. It works, i have to choose manually the channel in the mts instrument's page, and choose "Ext" after. The signal is sent to the selected midi channel.

With the octatrack, it doesn't work at all, except for midi clock out. Midi tracks are not played by the octatrack (which is sending signal to a virus Ti2). I've tried with cubasis, and it works. I can choose the midi channel, and midi tracks are played and midi clock out is working. So... Maybe midi tracks out with MTS is different from Cubasis?

Sorry, it's probably confused, i'll try to find out later.
Support

Post by Support »

MultitrackStudio for iPad supports just one MIDI output. There's just one 5-pin "Out" connector so to speak.

There should be no problem at all if you connect just one device.

If you'd like to use multiple devices you'd have to daisy chain them. The first device's "In" is connected to the iPad's "Out". The second device's "In" is connected to the first device's "Thru", The 3rd device's "In" is connected to the second device's "Thru" etc.

Hope this makes sense.

Giel Bremmers
Gaetan

Post by Gaetan »

Support wrote:MultitrackStudio for iPad supports just one MIDI output. There's just one 5-pin "Out" connector so to speak.

There should be no problem at all if you connect just one device.

If you'd like to use multiple devices you'd have to daisy chain them. The first device's "In" is connected to the iPad's "Out". The second device's "In" is connected to the first device's "Thru", The 3rd device's "In" is connected to the second device's "Thru" etc.

Hope this makes sense.

Giel Bremmers
Thanks. I've done that. It's probably a problem with the octatrack, i'll check that later. Anyway, it works like a charm with the analog four, and it's really easy to configure.
Alyas

Post by Alyas »

will I be able to control the project speed of multitrackstudio Ipad via midi clock from my Extranal device? for example I use my piano keyboard start/stop button to control Multitrack Start/stop and tempo speed??

if thats possble I am Buying it :)

excuse my poor english :roll:

thank you
Support

Post by Support »

Hi,

That's currently not possible.

Giel Bremmers