Thanks for the update!!! But....

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
sm7x7

Thanks for the update!!! But....

Post by sm7x7 »

....unfortunately, there are bugs. Can't work with Inter-App Audio apps. Here is the workflow: adding new MIDI track; picking up any IAA instrument; starting record; and - IAA instrument just unloads, and no sound out. Sometimes MIDI track visually records, but any attempt to load IAA again crashes it. Re-load instrument, start record - same crash. My iDevice - iPad Mini w/ Retina. I'll try now to send you a crash log.
Support

Re: Thanks for the update!!! But....

Post by Support »

What app are you trying to use?

Giel Bremmers
sm7x7

Post by sm7x7 »

Just sent the crash log to you. Apps trying to use: SampleTank, BS-16i, and Yamaha Synth & Dr Pad.
Support

Post by Support »

Got the report, thanks.

SampleTank crashes because of a bug in SampleTank. IK told me it will be fixed in the next release.

Haven't tried the others myself yet. Generally speaking the app that crashes is to blame since apps are 'sandboxed'. SampleTank, for example, crashes if it receives MIDI message on channel 5..16. MultitrackStudio sends 'all sounds off' messages to all 16 MIDI channels when transport stops....

Have you seen MultitrackStudio itself crash?

Giel Bremmers
Mgmg4871

Post by Mgmg4871 »

This may be the issue. The apps I tested that take longer to boot up, are the ones that I'm having problems with. ISEM is one. I think this happened with another host app. Just something to look at.
sm7x7

Post by sm7x7 »

OK, I will try my all IAA apps, and will report then again, if some did not crash the MTS. Speaking of the MIDI channel, I only used channel 1 I guess, because I tried recording MIDI from MTS's built-in keyboard... There was no involvement of channels 2-16...

P.S.: Read again your prev message and now got it. OK, MTS sends MIDI off signal to those channels automatically... Now I see the problem with SampleTank.
Mgmg4871

Post by Mgmg4871 »

Something strange is happening. Earlier I was able to record from Nanologue via IAA. I tried to record from ISEM and MTS crashed. I tried to reload but MTS just locked up. I deleted app and redownloaded. Now nothing records into MTS. I'll keep playing with it to make sure it's not something I'm missing.
sm7x7

Post by sm7x7 »

Another crash report sent to you. At this time, I've used Magellan, iSynth Poly, and BS-16i. First - Magellan, seems recording fine, but after quantizing recorded bars there is still out of sync tempo. Next - iSynth Poly, recorded too, but the same tempo unstability. Third - BS-16i. Mess. Crashed on the preset search, after re-load continued to load, but when recorded unload again. Midi recorded fine, but could not load instrument for hearing the sound. It keeps unloading every time.
sm7x7

Post by sm7x7 »

Found something else. When open a new song, the first track ( I assume it's an audio one?) is totally useless - because of no input option set up in prefs this track can not record ( rec button is non-working). The only option is to delete it. Could you change the default track for the new song to the MIDI one? Then at least it will have the option to choose the instrument. Or just to have a default click track. Or no track at all. The current option is useless.
Mgmg4871

Post by Mgmg4871 »

Ok, I can record via IAA from within MTS using internal keyboard with, Nanologue, NLog Pro, and IPolysyn. ISEM, Nave, Cubesynth, Arctic Prosynth, Galileo Organ, and zMORS don't work.
Mgmg4871

Post by Mgmg4871 »

Ok, I can record via IAA from within MTS using internal keyboard with NLog Pro, Nanologue, and iSyn Poly, ISEM, Arctic Prosynth, Cube Synth, Nave, and Galileo Organ do not work. Artic Prosynth will record but bad sound glitches on playback. The effects IAA on audio tracks work fine. I was able to copy midi track data to audio tracks and add IAA effects with no problem.
Mgmg4871

Post by Mgmg4871 »

I have 2 tracks of drum loops, NLog Pro in midi track via IAA, press record button from within MTS, start playing internal keyboard, and MTS crashes to desktop.
sm7x7

Post by sm7x7 »

Great thing - IK Multimedia just updated SampleTank supposedly fixing the mentioned above bug, D/l-ing now, and will check it then.
sm7x7

Post by sm7x7 »

Nope... Unfortunately. SampleTank does not work. Sad...
Support

Post by Support »

sm7x7 wrote:Nope... Unfortunately. SampleTank does not work. Sad...
It isn't fixed indeed. I've notified IK.....

The number of apps that crash is amazing :shock: . I'm going to look into that.

Giel Bremmers