Audio inputs

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
lazydogs

Audio inputs

Post by lazydogs »

Planing to buy this nice software I have a small question - can be used MTS for audio recording with regular mic input in iPAD? With say old iRIG interface? Or only some kind of USB sound card via CCK? Thank You for an answer....
Support

Re: Audio inputs

Post by Support »

lazydogs wrote:can be used MTS for audio recording with regular mic input in iPAD? With say old iRIG interface?
Yep!

Giel Bremmers
KenHardy

Post by KenHardy »

Giel's correct. I easily use three different mic set-ups with my MTS iPad Air....Apogee MiC direct into iPad via lightening connector, SURE SM58 preamped with a PV8 mixer and stereo outputted into the stereo line-in of a Griffin Studioconnect device connected to my iPad Air with a CCK. Third set-up is the easiest of all, just use the iPad's built-in microphone. While the last setup is the lowest quality, it is still surprisingly good for rough recordings. I recently did a multitrack recording of "Saw Her Standing There" in my musical partner's pro-level studio using a high quality condenser mic, a presonus digital mixer and Digital Performer Pro Software for Mac. Turned out great.....but we forgot to add the intro countdown and the pre-guitar solo screams. My partner later DropBoxed me 7 uncompressed tracks (as .aiff files), which I loaded into MTS iPad using AudioShare. I added a short four beat intro click track, moved all the other tracks one measure over, and for fun recorded the intro countdown and pre-solo screams onto another track using the iPad's built in mic....while just sitting in bed one night. It turned out so well that we left it in the final mixdown. My personal rec is the Apogee MiC for iPad....studio quality, very affordable.....works perfect with MTS.
lazydogs

Post by lazydogs »

Many thanks for all infos - I am a new user of MTS now. Tried succesfully to mix two audio tracks with one midi, all is perfect. But I have found, that for using cycling (as loop) listening after stopping transport all cycling markers are disappearing. I would like strongly to add some kind of loop button, or add two special markers (start-end) same way as the markers are adding....