Transport via MIDI

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
rophone

Transport via MIDI

Post by rophone »

Hello,
I'm interested to buy MTS for iPad.
But i'm waiting til Audiobus :)
Is it able to activate transport-functions like RECORD, PLAY, PUNCH-IN via MIDI?
It would be very nice to use my Blueboard for this...
Support

Re: Transport via MIDI

Post by Support »

rophone wrote:But i'm waiting til Audiobus :)
Should appear this month.
rophone wrote:Is it able to activate transport-functions like RECORD, PLAY, PUNCH-IN via MIDI?
No. The iPad version doesn't have the 'control surface' features because the iPad is right in front of you anyway. Footswitches could make some sense of course, but MultitrackStudio for iPad doesn't support that.

Giel Bremmers
A.I.R. Studio

Post by A.I.R. Studio »

Currently there is only one app that does this and that's Auria...this feature and others is what sets Auria as the only Pro iPad Recording Daw. Don't get me wrong, I really do like MTS but it really falls short of the features iPad artists are looking forward to. MTS is only now catching up to some of the basic interactive features of other iPad daws. I use HUI to control Auria and it's wonderful to see it working with the FaderPort and MMC on my Axiom Pro. Using hardware to do routine tasks like rewind,fastforward,stop,play,record ready,record,return to zero,page display is more REAL and studio like. IPad artist are now seeing their daws as Desktop versions and with the option to use touch or hardware controlers. After all a computer is right in front of you as well but that doesn't stop software developers from including Daw hardware control. Once an iPad is connected to the CCK kit and an audio interface, it is now stationary and only moveable by the length of your usb cable ( not too far ). Meaning not right in front of you at all times. Midi is often recorded using a keyboard controller so having transport control on the keyboard keeps thing flowing and easily at hand. These options seperate the pro audio iPad apps from the basic audio apps. :wink:
Support

Post by Support »

A.I.R. Studio wrote:Once an iPad is connected to the CCK kit and an audio interface, it is now stationary and only moveable by the length of your usb cable ( not too far ). Meaning not right in front of you at all times. Midi is often recorded using a keyboard controller so having transport control on the keyboard keeps thing flowing and easily at hand.
That's good info, thanks.

Giel Bremmers