Audiobus Support Wow

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Mgmg4871

Audiobus Support Wow

Post by Mgmg4871 »

What a welcomed surprise Giel. Thanks for this. Can't wait until AB state saving sdk goes public.
Mgmg4871

Re: Audiobus Support Wow

Post by Mgmg4871 »

I have a question about MTS in AB. I have a app (Jam Maestro)that outputs individual tracks to a daw simultaneously. I tried this with MTS, but only get full mixdown of all tracks in each track. How do I accomplish this in MTS, or is it possible? Thanks.
Support

Post by Support »

As of yet MultitrackStudio records the mixed version of the Audiobus output(s). In order to record multiple outputs to separate tracks you'd have to record them one at a time (and mute the other outputs).

Giel Bremmers
Mgmg4871

Post by Mgmg4871 »

So can I assume this will be in a future update? One other request, would be to have MTS in input slot also. This way we can have MTS as input, and add mastering, and other effects in AB, and record back into MTS effected by effects slot. Thanks.
Support

Post by Support »

Mgmg4871 wrote:So can I assume this will be in a future update?
Don't know. Are there many apps that have multiple outputs?
Mgmg4871 wrote:One other request, would be to have MTS in input slot also. This way we can have MTS as input, and add mastering, and other effects in AB, and record back into MTS effected by effects slot.
Isn't that a scenario where IAA really shines?

Giel Bremmers
Mgmg4871

Post by Mgmg4871 »

Off hand I can name a few. Jam Maestro, Soundfont Pro, bs-16, and Sampletank. Second question. IAA is not capable of effecting the mixdown of a host app. This is only possible having MTS in front of a mastering app to capture mixdown in realtime. The top Daws have all allowed for input and output slots.
Littlewoodg

Re: Audiobus Support Wow2

Post by Littlewoodg »

Mr. Bremmers!
Thank you for this update, and your ongoing support of your customers.
The addition of Audiobus opens MTS to those fantastic instruments on iPad that weren't accessible via IAA
Wonderful thing
Support

Post by Support »

Mgmg4871 wrote:Off hand I can name a few. Jam Maestro, Soundfont Pro, bs-16, and Sampletank.
Thanks. It would be nice if multiple outputs were supported of course, but I currently don't consider it a high priority issue.
Mgmg4871 wrote:IAA is not capable of effecting the mixdown of a host app.
It is. If you load an IAA mastering app in the Master section's last effect slot it does exactly that. In fact IAA is a better solution for mastering because the Audiobus alternative would truncate your precious master signal to 16 bits before it enters the mastering app.

Giel Bremmers
Mgmg4871

Post by Mgmg4871 »

Ok Giel, many thanks. Totally missed that.