Loving the simplicity

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Harold_Hill-MusicMan

Loving the simplicity

Post by Harold_Hill-MusicMan »

I am really enjoying the simplicity and stripped down nature of this app, both on the iPad, and right now trying the demo"lite" version on my Mac.

I have and I'm just starting to learn Digital performer, and on my iPad, Auria, Cubasis, Multitrack DAW, GarageBand, and Overdub. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, and for pro-stuff, I see myself gravitating to Auria or Cubasis right now.

Overdub & Multitrack DAW are both good for just getting some things down quickly, and I have used both in Audiobus chains since they came on the Bus.

But the more I use the UI of MTS, the more I am liking it for "sketches", down & dirty demos, and fleshing out ideas.

I will probably purchase the pro license for the Mac version after trying it out for a few more sessions.

Thanks to Giel Bremmers for your continuing, end-user responsive and progressive development on this app for all the platforms. I look forward to using it a lot for years to come.

Most sincerely,
Steve

A.k.a." Harold Hill: The Music Man" (bringing more and more people into the"Think System" every day)
Littlewoodg

Re: Loving the simplicity

Post by Littlewoodg »

I have to second this: the simplicity/elegance of the GUI really helps me get busy- I find myself laying out tracks and mixes very quickly compared to other apps.
I also find the application to be suited for final mixing (after trying the iPad version, I bought Pro Plus and intend to ship the iPad work onto PC for finishing, but I'm enjoying the iPad version so much that I haven't yet felt the need!)
It's true Auria is a very feature rich mixing and mastering app, but for my purposes I only miss Auria's multiple groups.
Thats the only extra I would ask for, the capability to create multiple groups with effect send/returns in MTS Mobile. Not so many as Pro Plus but maybe enough buses available to create 3-4 groups.