New user-respectfully request feature and questions

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Rossf

New user-respectfully request feature and questions

Post by Rossf »

It's so nice to see a DAW for the ipad that actually does tempo changes during the song playback-been wanting this feature forever.Well done! Curious though, if I export a midi track out to another app will the tempo changes be "baked" into the midi file or will they only work in MTS?
This is where the "respectfully" comes in....I do find the method of adding notes to the piano roll kinda klunky-I have a lot of music apps and have used plenty DAW on laptops as well and I think the most elegant solution is that the add note button be always on so that notes can be added quickly,if a note is wrong you tap it again and it "knows" to delete it without having to change function,then straight on to adding new notes,and of course notes can be dragged to adjust length as you add them. In general I find a piano rolls' biggest strength should be to throw notes about as quickly as possible as it is looping and then tweak length and position later.
Will there be a way to name sections of midi information,say "intro" etc?
I want to end on reinforcing how impressive the app is in general though-it's so good to see different approaches to the same end-I rarely work exclusively in one app-I think they all have strengths and weaknesses. Continue the good work and good luck.
Support

Re: New user-respectfully request feature and questions

Post by Support »

Rossf wrote:Curious though, if I export a midi track out to another app will the tempo changes be "baked" into the midi file or will they only work in MTS?
The tempo and time signature are in the MIDI files.
Rossf wrote:I do find the method of adding notes to the piano roll kinda klunky-I have a lot of music apps and have used plenty DAW on laptops as well and I think the most elegant solution is that the add note button be always on so that notes can be added quickly,if a note is wrong you tap it again and it "knows" to delete it without having to change function,then straight on to adding new notes,and of course notes can be dragged to adjust length as you add them. In general I find a piano rolls' biggest strength should be to throw notes about as quickly as possible as it is looping and then tweak length and position later.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Please see my first comment in this thread: http://www.multitrackstudio.com/forum/v ... f=4&t=1992
Rossf wrote:Will there be a way to name sections of midi information,say "intro" etc?
You mean in the track editor itself? That isn't planned.
You can add markers of course.

Giel Bremmers