Question about automation controllers

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
Littlewoodg

Question about automation controllers

Post by Littlewoodg »

I don't know how to use the the numbered midi controllers for automation...
I've used the controller lanes for pitch and pan etc., to excellent results with IAA synths...

Is there a "MIDI learn" capability or some other approach that allows me to use MTS's many numbered cc's to control the many other parameters oF IAA instruments, and on-board and IAA Effects?

Excuse my ignorance, and thanks for your ongoing updates and support of this fantastic software!
Support

Re: Question about automation controllers

Post by Support »

The MIDI controllers are sent to the MIDI instrument. They don't go anywhere else (ie. you can't control effect knobs with them).

The MultitrackStudio Instruments respond to Volume (#7), Pan (#10), Expression (#11) and Sustain (#64) controllers. Pitch Bend is also supported.
Brightness and Treble knobs respond to #74. Vibrato knobs respond to #1. Attack, Decay and Release knobs respond to #73, #75 and #72 respectively. Drawbars respond to #12, #13, #14 etc.

There's no way for MultitrackStudio to find out what a particular controller means to an IAA instrument as far as I know. The app's manual will likely have the answer I think.

Giel Bremmers
Littlewoodg

Re: Question about automation controllers

Post by Littlewoodg »

Thanks for the information and the software!