A MAJOR BUG IN MTS V1.3.3

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
KenHardy

A MAJOR BUG IN MTS V1.3.3

Post by KenHardy »

I completely agree with Dinoroo's last post. There now appears to be some kind of disastrous BUG in MTS V1.3.3. Ever since Apple's last upgrade to their iPad OS (IOS 7.1.2), strange deletions have been unexpectantly occurring in my IPad Air, which thus far have been observed mainly during the writing of text messages and E-mails (a single backspace will delete an entire, complex on-going text), and now it unfortunately seems to affect MTS as well (apparently in both MIDI and Audio tracks). On TWO separate occasions now, I have had 14- 15 different audio tracks of a complex MTS project which was open and underway, suddenly wiped clear, leaving only the song's title and no remaining tracks at all (both times while writing an e-mail with MTS running in the background). The first time this happened, I had already fortunately saved each track individually, as well as a .wav mix of my entire project, to AudioShare and that was unaffected. So not all of my work was completely lost. But I had not yet exported the entire song to the .zip format (because it wasn't finished yet), and thus all of the track effects formatting was lost and needed to be completely redone (open effects information is not individually Track saved to Audio Share, only the audio itself). The second time it happened (last night), 16 audio tracks of another complex original song that I have been working on for weeks..... also suddenly disappeared during an e-mail text writing from AudioShare, again leaving me only with the song's title in MTS, and no remaining tracks at all!! I freaked out. Because of my first horrible experience, I had started periodically exporting a .zip mix of my multitrack projects before closing MTS. As luck would have it, I had done that prior to the bug's 2nd visit, and it was still resident in my iPad, showing up when I went into the Import Song function. So I was able to reimport the entire project back into MTS without losing anything. I had also earlier saved the on-going mix as a .wav file into AudioShare so I could convert it to an .m4a file for e-mail auditioning by my musical collaborators. Again AudioShare seemed unaffected, but potentially linked to the track wipe bug presumeably through its e-mail function.
What provokes this track wipe is yet unclear to me (or to Dinoroo), but it is a potential disaster. Until the issue is resolved, I advise frequent exporting of your on-going work to the iPad's annoyingly invisible .zip file storage system. It seems capable of reimporting your work to MTS if it is wiped (and can also be retrieved to another computer via an iPad- iTunes sync). Somehow I don't think this is a BUG in MTS, but rather in IOS 7.1.2 which seems to be in conflict with its own resident Apps, including text messaging, e-mail and also MTS V1.3.3. Good ole F---in Apple!
I sincerely hope Giel can figure something out ASAP!
Dr. K.
Support

Re: A MAJOR BUG IN MTS V1.3.3

Post by Support »

I'm sorry to hear that. You should have told me the first time it happened.

Someone reported this a couple of months ago. That was with version 1.3. Some changes were made in version 1.3.1 and I haven't heard anything like this until this week. I'll investigate this!

Giel Bremmers
Support

Post by Support »

Found it, fixed it and submitted an update to Apple :mrgreen:

Thanks to you and dinoroo for reporting the issue.

Giel Bremmers
KenHardy

Post by KenHardy »

Wow!!! Strong work....and quick too!! Delighted to hear a fix has been found, but curious.....was the bug in MTS or IOS 7.1.2. If the fix was in Apple's IOS, then I might expect resolution of text problems with my iPad, as well as resolution of the track-wipe issue in MTS. If the fix was in MTS, I might expect resolution of the track wipe issue in MTS, but persistence of text writing deletions in other iPad Apps. Are you able to say which it is?

Dr.K.
Support

Post by Support »

It's in MultitrackStudio.

Giel Bremmers
KenHardy

Post by KenHardy »

Thanks for the expeditious assistance, and useful information. If any related problems observed, will notify you promptly.

Dr. K.