thanks for replying

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
scottieboy

thanks for replying

Post by scottieboy »

I am very new to recording on my computer, I just use the free Audacity now. I have been recording guitar thru the mic input with no problems. But no effects. :(

I do want to get MTS for recording multi-track projects, but the main reason I wanted it though was for the effect it offers, such as the compressor, EQ, reverb, etc...

Will my computer run into problems then?

BTW, I'm using Windows XP SP2. I like playing games, and have lots of programs on my laptop. I know that there is such thing as creating different profiles.....I dont know how to do it though. i was thinking I could do that, and use this profile and turn basically everything except MTS off, so that to free up my CPU for recording...... anyone that can help with that?
scottieboy

Post by scottieboy »

oops. I accidentally made a new thread instead of replying to this thread.......http://www.multitrackstudio.com/forum/v ... .php?t=219
Mac

Post by Mac »

We would have to know more about your computer to answer that question.

*CPU brand, type and speed

*amount of physical RAM

*full OS description (like, XP Home SP2 or whatever)

*Soundcard or sound device

CPU speed and amount of RAM are what control how many and what type of realtime effects you can handle, obviously the faster the CPU and the more RAM you have the better.

There are some other considerations, like the level of the CPU and whether or not it includes the SSE instruction set or the AMD equivalent -- 3DNow! -- and what versions.

--Mac
Mac

Post by Mac »

I see now on the other thread that you have included your specs.

Moving the discussion over to there,

--Mac