effects slots

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
scottieboy

effects slots

Post by scottieboy »

I really like the ease of inserting effects on the track, and adjusting it to my liking. Will I be able to insert more than 3 effects and plugins per track on the full version?
Saz

Post by Saz »

Yes. You can use the "Multi Effect" in an effect's slot, for 6 additional slots.

The cool thing about it - you can save your favorite effects as a preset for use in other projects.
scottieboy

Post by scottieboy »

Saz wrote:Yes. You can use the "Multi Effect" in an effect's slot, for 6 additional slots.

The cool thing about it - you can save your favorite effects as a preset for use in other projects.
that really is cool. thanks for your input. :wink:
teej813

Post by teej813 »

Six additional? Eight total? Or can you use the Multi in all 3 slots for a total of 18?

teej
Saz

Post by Saz »

teej813 wrote:Six additional? Eight total? Or can you use the Multi in all 3 slots for a total of 18?
I've never had the need for more than eight slots, but I imagine you could go 18. Try it and see. :)
Mac

Post by Mac »

"If a track needs that many effects, something's wrong with the track."

I remember getting upset with the guy who stated that, only to find out the hard way that he was correct. And I only wanted to use five effects in a row on one track.

But hey.

--Mac
The4ofme

Post by The4ofme »

Not that anyone would need to go this far, but if I'm not mistaken, you can load a multi into a multi..... Explore the possibilities there!!
teej813

Post by teej813 »

Ok, so if i'm running 18 effects and modify each one, do i end up with 18 .edit files?

;)

teej
Mac

Post by Mac »

Don't know about the .edit files, but you WILL end up with an audio mess...

:shock:

--Mac
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Hey this thing has effect slots? :lol:

Audio mess! that sounds like a great name for a music web site!
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

You don't get an edit file when you modify parameters, only when you edit a wave file IIRC
teej813

Post by teej813 »

haha.. audio mess.. yeah, now there's a site i'd wanna hang out at! ;)

Thanks, sinbad.. ummm.. i was teasing. :)

teej
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

What I miss most of all is a big UNDO button that automatically just undoes the last action regardless of what it was. I removed a track after I had done some editing (without saving the song) and realised that I had removed the wrong track :roll: What to do, save the song and try and get the track back in correctly, or close and lose the last edits? :cry:
Saz

Post by Saz »

sinbad wrote:What I miss most of all is a big UNDO button that automatically just undoes the last action regardless of what it was. I removed a track after I had done some editing (without saving the song) and realised that I had removed the wrong track :roll: What to do, save the song and try and get the track back in correctly, or close and lose the last edits? :cry:
I've never had that particular thing happen(knock on wood), but I know that sinking feeling of losing work.

Don't know for certain that edits are lost when you "remove" a track, but I would think(hope) that as long as you didn't save changes and close the program you should be able to restore it with edits intact.
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

:o this is one of :oops: the most smile :shock: faced threads i have :o ever seen! I :D mean there are smilies 8) everywhere :!: