People using Jamstix with MTS....

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
scottieboy

People using Jamstix with MTS....

Post by scottieboy »

I recently started using the Jam Stix demo as a plugin with Multi-track Studio. Here are some problems I've been having.

JS started playing when I opened up to piano roll view. I hadn't pushed play yet. And while playing in Free Jam, it would play every bar as a fill. When I went to Manual Jam, it played no fills, just a smooth redundant beat. I liked that actually....

But JS quickly minimized and stopped playing when I clicked back on the MTS page. All the while, I still hadnt pushed play on MTS. But then, I did, and resulted in nothing. Not one sound.

I also experimented with opening a midi bass line for JS to play along with, and only JS would play, not the midi track.....??

Any help is appreciated

EDIT: by the way, I'm using the latest ASIO driver.
Saz

Post by Saz »

Use the search function in this forum for Jamstix - there are several threads concerning it and MTS. :wink:
scottieboy

Post by scottieboy »

I did that. The best advice I got for my problem was to get a different recording software. THe funtionality of Start/Stop between the 2 programs isnt up to par. I will have to straighten this out with Jamstix support. Maybe Robomusic will know something..
Saz

Post by Saz »

OK - you guys got me curious now - I'm off to check out Jamstix. :)
scottieboy

Post by scottieboy »

remember, I'm using the demo for both applications. Jamstix, AND MTS.
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Jamstix acts a bit funny with MTS, it is smoother with any of the cakewalk programs. but while it has a few oddities with MTS i still like MTS far better than the cakewalk stuff for genreal use.

JS seems to have a problem picking up on the start and stop of MTS, one work around in MTS is to go to perferences and uncheck start synth on pop up, but when i do that it had other issues that i did not like one was that when you hit the rewind on MTS JS would not rewind and you have to remember to manually rewind JS.

So i just deal with it for now hopefully one or the other will take the time to find the answer. I have ran JS with cakewalk, and N-Tracks both work fairly well, and in MTS it works very well other than the obvious, but overall MTS is far more stable in almost all situations. what i do with MTS is to open JS as a vsti and then set it to freejam, then let it jam with the midi files and then change it to manual jam and edit the intro fills and ending. then it seems to stop and start with the MTS file.