version 5.0?

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Robomusic

version 5.0?

Post by Robomusic »

I wonder what is next on the drawing board here at MTSland? I mean it is a really good software, and the effects are first class, once you begin to under stand them. The sampler was upgraded last time and is even better now. Stablility is better than most other programs, really there is far more need for just subtile refinements than added features. I would love to see any effort go into helping to lower CPU usage, allowing us to use even more effects and softsynths, and keep the program simple and easy to use. Maybe more work with other vendors on VSti and VST's, there are still a few that are problematic, like Jamstix for one. One cool feature would be the ability to pop in a synth like sampletank or kontact and route several midi tracks to it rather than having to open several instances of a synth, but that is not a big deal at all, because generally you want to be able to "FX" the tracks separately, but once in a while it is nice to send more than one track to a synth for conservations sake. I am though, pretty happy as it is, just keep working to refine any small issues and keep it solid as a rock.
Grajnd

Post by Grajnd »

i wondered about two (really small) things.

1. i would love that MTS could handle stereo tracks like this plugin,
http://home.netcom.com/~jhewes/StereoPan.html , so you can decide
how "wide" your stereo would be.

2. instead of using other vst-compressors, i would love turn the release settings below 50ms, as that is limited in MTS compressor.

well these are my wishes for now. and i agree, MTS is solid as rock!

Rolf
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Can't that plug in be used in MTS?
Grajnd

Post by Grajnd »

of cause they work within MTS, im just wishing that i didnt have to use other vst?s, i am no programmer at all, i just wish that those things could be implanted in a future version.

then i could use the native plugs instead, and save cpu as well (i guess)
anyhow, i know its not such a big deal, but you can always hope! :)

Rolf

(ok, will shut up now, dont wanna steal your thread robomusic :wink: )
Support

Post by Support »

5.0? 4.1 will be released first if you don't mind :wink:

Some of the new features:

- Mixer sections can be collapsed to save space.
- Hardware control surface support.
- Click Track Generator and Tempo Editor: tempo values can be entered by tapping on the space bar.
- Audio engine takes advantage of dual core CPU.

And Jamstix will work, of course.

It's planned for next monday :D

@Grajnd: You can use the Stereo Effect to narrow the stereo image.
Saz

Post by Saz »

Support wrote:5.0? 4.1 will be released first if you don't mind :wink:

Some of the new features:

- Mixer sections can be collapsed to save space.
- Hardware control surface support.
- Click Track Generator and Tempo Editor: tempo values can be entered by tapping on the space bar.
- Audio engine takes advantage of dual core CPU.

And Jamstix will work, of course.

It's planned for next monday :D

@Grajnd: You can use the Stereo Effect to narrow the stereo image.
Man - it just doesn't get any better than MTS! 8)

Thanks Giel !!!
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

MTS is such a breath of fresh air, Geil those are perfect addons , i like baby steps. the grief that the folks on other sites experience with the many new features that never work is so sad, even a big name program like Cakewalk's Sonar has so many problems it is amazing.

Oh and Rolf no worries bud, please highjack away, your thoughts are wanted. I must say though embedding a ton of features that can be covered with VSTi and DXi and DX and VST plugs does not make sense to me, it just seems like more to go wrong. I would rather Geil spend his time refining what we have and keeping it up with the times like the dualcore and control surface support. that keeps the program current yet still does not cause it to be unstable.
Mac

Post by Mac »

Support wrote: - Audio engine takes advantage of dual core CPU.

YOWSIR, YOWSIR, YOWSIR!

YEEHAWWW!

:D :!: :D :!: :D

--Mac
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Just finished the download everything is working great so far! man i wish i had a dual core CPU to take advantage of this. The midi stuff seems to be a nice upgrade.
tmon

Post by tmon »

Sweet. Will all the users be notified via email?

Man, I hope we can get some "viral marketing" going for this great software.

Now I have another "excuse" to speed up my timetable for that DAW upgrade!

MTS RULES!
Mac

Post by Mac »

I posted in one instance awhile back about my tired old foureyes and being able to see the green on black in MTS.

Being the inveterate workaround type, I "solved" my personal problem by always dimming the lights when working with MTS, but out on location you can't always do that. Thinking of a day out in the Citiparks concerts where I struggled to see the laptop screen under a tent even.

Now the new release has an "INTENSITY" setting for the green. Turned it up to almost all the way and WOW.

Same goes for the bit of Midi Notation cleanup we now have, too.

MTS ROCKS!

--Mac
tmon

Post by tmon »

OK, Robo and Mac, you guys are saying you downloaded it? Is that the Lite 4.1 version you are referring to? Does it upgrade to MTS Pro Plus with the appropriate registration? I thought "next Monday" meant "June 5....
snaarman

Post by snaarman »

Yup, I upgraded my pro plus to v4.1 with no drama at all. I like the chords notation thing, and the intensity adjust. I need to do some cerfule research to see what else has been improved ...

Well pleased

PH
Mac

Post by Mac »

tmon wrote:OK, Robo and Mac, you guys are saying you downloaded it? Is that the Lite 4.1 version you are referring to? Does it upgrade to MTS Pro Plus with the appropriate registration? I thought "next Monday" meant "June 5....
not the lite version posted on the main page at all.

You should have received an email with a link and instructions.

If you didn't, check your spam filter first, then email support at MTS if you are a registered user. If you've changed email addy and haven't notified MTS, that could be a reason, too.

--Mac
tmon

Post by tmon »

While I purchased MTS Studio Pro back in February, I believe that I failed to sign up for email notifications. Giel is in the process of helping me out right now.

I'm looking forward to giving this new release a good run through!