Just a post so the forum looks like a forum...

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Mac

Just a post so the forum looks like a forum...

Post by Mac »

Man, MTS must be working well for everybody, this forum is a big empty room.

Lotta echo in here.

And not even any cigar smoke.

:shock:

--Mac
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

Greetings Mac, me thinks everybody gone surfin'
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

No problems here, it is kinda echoey in here!

It is kinda funny how solid this program is yet it is like pullin hens teeth to get anyone to look at it, they just keep fussing with the old titles. Or trying new ones (reaper) rather than try the most simple, yet powerful program i have found to date. I atribute alot of this to the one program for all reasons mentality, people want one program to do it all, they always clamour for more features, like the other day over at the Sonar forum the big discusion was that they wanted a full featured audio editor built into sonar. Something like sound forge, just how bloated do they want the program to be? I find that i can do about 75% of the editing i need right here and if i need anything else i pop the wave file out and into sound forge and back. what is wrong with that, the same goes for midi most stuff i can fix right here, what i can't fix i pop into either Cakewalk or Power tracks and back here again
Mac

Post by Mac »

I've been told that a camel is really a horse designed by a committee...

:D
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

I must admit I expected more trafic here, surely someone has a problem with something, or something interesting to present to the forum. I guess most of it is covered by audiominds and n-track though.
Ah well, back to sleep 8)
Saz

Post by Saz »

OK - here's a problem...

MTS can cause a severe loss of troubleshooting savvy.

:D
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Sometimes mac, you are way over my head!

LOL at SAZ!
tmon

Post by tmon »

Marketing and advertising.

Trade mag review.

Big name user testimony.

Stuff like that.

That's what MTS could use.

Or, not?

Hmmm....
Mac

Post by Mac »

"Marketing and advertising." = Big bucks.

"Trade mag review." = Ya gotta grease 'em. Mo' big bucks.

"Big name user testimony." = This one really gets into the cash, man. Not only do ya gotta give 'em freebies, ya gotta buy the drugs and the women, too. Lots of each.

And all of that gets folded into to the enduser price.

Noooooooooooooooo!

--Mac
tmon

Post by tmon »

Yah, true, and I must admit, I do have sort of a guilty pleasure using MTSPro.

It's like that nice quiet little, one-of-a-kind restaurant you've been going to regularly: The one with no fanfare.

The food is great, the prices are amazingly reasonable, the service is outstanding and I never have to wait for a table. Selfishly, I don't want the joint to be discovered by some yuppie facks via some glowing review in a trendy magazine that is required reading by people who need "approval" for some pre-defined hipness...

Having said that, I believe MTS deserves more credit than it currently gets, and yes, more revenue? So, I guess I have to do a bit more to get the word out amongst the musicians.
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

I tell everyone i can, yet so many just stare at me like i ask them to eat worms!
sinbad

Post by sinbad »

It could be the appearance. I remember when I first looked at mts I was a bit disapointed at the lack of bells and whistles and the very unsexy mixer. Also the screaming old vdu green text put me off. It took many months of frustration with another prog before I took another look. I guess it's what you're used to. I've gotten used to it and there is enough there to do what you need to do, AND IT'S STABLE!!!!!!! :D
I still miss an indicator for the beat and timing though. 8)
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

I am sure that the appearance is an issue with some folks, and i think that the work flow is so simple that many think that something is missing, i did at first, and kept migrating back to other programs. the layout with the effects slots in each track are priceless, and no other program functions like this. Over at the Sonar forum there was a big discussion on reaper and it's virtues vs Sonar, yet mention MTS and no one responds, mention it at N-Tracks forum and they ignore you and post things about the thing freezing up and crashing, maybe the look is not sexy enough for folks, but this thing flat out works and it is far from simple in function, just the work flow is. I guess i should just shut up and enjoy, but i want Geil to be rewarded for his hard work.
ravenmusic

Post by ravenmusic »

I'm new to MTS and its kinda strange that while working with this programme I expected something to go wrong, like freeze up for no apparent reason, or crash or drop out, or spend half my time tampering with settings or constantly running off to the forum for advice. You know what, I've had none of those issues, and it feels good that I have the confidence in the programme to work without having my nerves streched to the limits with the thought that something may go wrong while in the middle of recording something vital. It's like if only I knew about MTS ages ago. Yes, it's a great recording programme. Sure will be recommending MTS.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Ok, I'll jump back in!

I downloaded MTS several months ago and tried it out. I liked the simplistic look of it and seriously considered buying it. There were at three reasons I didn't:

1. The demo was running at a very high CPU usage (40%, if I remeber correctly) even tho I hadn't added any FX or plugins yet. Don't know if that was due to a conflict with my system or what, but it made me think that there would be a big problem once I started using the program for something other than demo.
2. The Pro version only did 16bit for $69 - I'd have to go to Plus to get 24bit for $119
3. SHS4 does 24bit and I got it for $80 (before the rebate).

I felt like I got more for my money AND SHS4 didn't hog my CPU.

I tried n-track also and seriously considered purchasing it...until I got fed up with it crashing...very unstable.