New MTS user.. just saying hi.

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Saz

Post by Saz »

teej813 wrote: Can MTS start recording when an external sequencer (drum machine, in my case) is started?
Yes - you can also set a time delay for recording to start. Search the help file for "remote recording" for the details.
The4ofme

Post by The4ofme »

teej813 wrote: - I tend to solo more than 1 track at a time... like all guitar tracks.. or kick and bass looking for masking. MTS only lets me solo one track at a time.
teej
For what it's worth, another work around for this is to bus out all of your tracks and solo them on the bus level. That obviously doesn't work all of the time though.

I'm right on board with your other concerns though and I have an additional one of my own. I was hoping to see this change in the editor:

When you complete an edit and move onto the next edit in a given track you lose the marks of your previous edits. This is a killer when I need to go back and adjust on edits I've done days ago. It would be nice if it just marked the track so I could see where edits have taken place. As far as I can tell, the program saves the edits individually as .lst files so it couldn't be that tough to show where one .lst file ends and another begins. Of course, I'm not a programmer, so I could be dead wrong about that.

Anyhow, that's my 2 cents. Great program from top to bottom. With a couple of minor improvements, there will be nothing on the market that touches it for the money.
teej813

Post by teej813 »

thanks, Saz. I use a drum machine to do some of my drum programming. The rest is done in FL Studio. The only way to transfer from the drum machine is to record the MIDI output. I'm still figuring out how to get everything to synch up.

4ofme,
I dunno.. maybe i'm just set in my ways. But there are a couple methods used in MTS that just don't seem logical to me.. or maybe convenient is a better word. Guess i'll know better after i've used the product a bit longer.

All,
Based on my limited testing of the product (3 tracks offered by the demo really isn't sufficient to fully test) and based on your most excellent advice, i've just placed my order.

Looking forward to learning more.

teej
Saz

Post by Saz »

teej813 wrote: All,
Based on my limited testing of the product (3 tracks offered by the demo really isn't sufficient to fully test) and based on your most excellent advice, i've just placed my order.

Looking forward to learning more.
Congrats, teej!

I think you'll be a happy camper - and being an experienced DAW user coming in fresh to MTS, you'll be able to offer new insight on improving it.
teej813

Post by teej813 »

Well, guess we'll see, Saz. I'm happy to provide any input i can, asuming i have anything valuable to add.

At this point, i'm just playing with it and trying to adapt to new methods.

teej