Nice little VST plugin

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Frusciante

Nice little VST plugin

Post by Frusciante »

Hi there,

I've got nWRCfil v1,12 from WWAYM. it's a filter plugin. What's nice with WWAYM is that you can assign whatever CC of your keyboard to a specific knob on the software.

I've succeeded with their softsynth, but I'm unable to assign anything to the filter. Yet, it has the same function with the "MIDI learn" button.

ANy idea how to assign with the MIDI learn of that software?
Frusciante

Post by Frusciante »

Okay Guys,

I found a way to make the VST knobs to respond to my keyboard knobs.

It's in the "control surface" option. You have a section of 8 effects to assign to any type of midi control.

I have 16 knobs so I assigned the first 8 knobs to those effects assignement in the control surface.

Now, when I pull out the VST plugin, my controller controls the first 8 knobs of the VST. (I can also transport all those 8 knob assignement to play with the next knobs of the VST plugin with another midi control assignement)

Thank you MTS.
NystagmusE

Post by NystagmusE »

That is very interesting and useful. I just figured out how to do it too. Thanks for sharing that technique. I wouldn't have known how to do it if you hadn't said it was possible.

First I had to enable the controller in the MIDI preferences, but after that the Learn function worked in the controller settings.

My synthesizer only has four faders for continuous controller MIDI messages, but they work on certain VST's such as Flea3.

Thanks for sharing that technique.