Bouncing tracks in MTS

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
bobnccc

Bouncing tracks in MTS

Post by bobnccc »

Can anyone tell me an easy way to record one or more tracks to another track that is not the master? I found some responses to this question on the forum, but they were like 15 years old and the program interface seems to have changed since then. I am well aware that I have unlimited tracks, but there are some operations that require this action (like using a processor hungry plug-in on a track that messes up when you're trying to run everything together in a final mix). I've read about a record master menu item under Rec, but I can't find it in 10.5. I also read this from the software people themselves:

"MultitrackStudio 5 strongly promotes using the Mix Down menu rather than Record Master, that's why Mix Down is way easier to find than Record Master. One of the reasons is that quite a lot of people appeared to engage Record Master when they really shouldn't, which caused unnecesary frustrations (and emails to Support ;-))
Note that using Mix Down followed by Add Track->Import Audio/MIDI File has the same result as using Record Master. But you can do it the way you prefer of course."

That final note doesn't work for me at all; that sequence of actions does not tie together.

I'm sure that there is a way to do this; this is a pretty important and common operation, and it surprises me that there isn't a menu button somewhere that simply says something like "bounce tracks" with a "from" and "to" sub menu.
Support

Re: Bouncing tracks in MTS

Post by Support »

You can use realtime mixdown to record tracks to a new track. See https://multitrackstudio.com/realtimemixdown.php for a step-by-step explanation.

You can see the "Master Out" input options in the picture at https://multitrackstudio.com/audiorecording.php
This replaces the (very) old Record Master option.

Giel Bremmers
bobnccc

Post by bobnccc »

Thank you so much, Giel! I'll check that out this weekend.

Bob
Support

Post by Support »

By the way: a MIDI track which uses a software instrument can be turned into an audio track. Just click the track's file name box and save it as an audio file.

Giel Bremmers
bobnccc

Post by bobnccc »

Thanks, Giel! The "Master Out" input option worked like a charm.
GlowingTeacher

Post by GlowingTeacher »

Support wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:51 pm By the way: a MIDI track which uses a software instrument can be turned into an audio track. Just click the track's file name box and save it as an audio file.

Giel Bremmers
Thank you for sharing this detail with us. Actually I was unaware of it.