Track edit controls

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio for iPad
uncle808us

Track edit controls

Post by uncle808us »

Where can I find more information about using the controls (pitch bend,modulation,etc. what all the choices do (common)(all) per note etc. there is a lot of choices. But as far as I looked very little information. Please where can I get more information and enlightenment?
Support

Re: Track edit controls

Post by Support »

The All submenu lists all controllers as defined by MIDI 1.0. Most of them won't work with the MIDI instrument you're using because instruments typically support only a few of them.

The Per Note submenu lists the registered per-note controllers from MIDI 2.0. These ones work for a single note number only. This allows for guitar licks which involve playing two strings at the same time, while bending one of them up, for example. Per-note pitchbend can change the pitch of the bended note only. MIDI 1.0 pitchbend would affect both notes. You can play things like this on the onscreen MIDI keyboard using the Guitar preset BTW.

If you're using the MultitrackStudio Instruments or the Matrix Sampler you can ignore the All and Per Note submenus: all controllers that actually work appear in the main menu. MultitrackStudio doesn't know this for AU plugins, for example.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

Thank you that was most helpful.
One question guitar related when scoring for guitar how can I get modulation from the controls,
Request I have no idea if this is possible.
Would you consider adding a guitar instrument that has articulation like bends slides etc like Presonus Notion Dorico etc.midi instruments.
Thanks.
I have not found any plug ins with key switch effects slide bend etc. except for Cubasis Halion instruments which offer key switching on several of its instruments sadly it is a Cubasis plug in only.
Thanks.
Support

Post by Support »

The easiest way to get natural bends and slides is to play them on the onscreen MIDI keyboard and record it. Alternatively you can draw them in a pitchbend editor yourself, but it's not easy to get it right I think.

The per-note pitchbend (and other controllers) are handled automatically by the way: if you move the note the per-note controllers move with it automatically. Also works with copy-and-paste etc.

Giel Bremmers
uncle808us

Post by uncle808us »

You had written.” If you're using the MultitrackStudio Instruments or the Matrix Sampler you can ignore the All and Per Note submenus: all controllers that actually work appear in the main menu. MultitrackStudio doesn't know this for AU plugins, for example.”

I thought I had used the per note pitch bend on a track with the multitrack instrument guitar clean electric. But you are saying this does not work?
I will try again in a new project.
Thanks.
Support

Post by Support »

I was trying to say you don't have to go in the SUB menus because the supported controllers are conveniently listed in the TOP level menu.

Giel Bremmers