Help - Complete Novice - Using MP3 Files

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Russ UK

Help - Complete Novice - Using MP3 Files

Post by Russ UK »

Dear all,

I would dearly appreciate some help with the following problem. I have just bought Multitrack Studio with the intention of adding effects and generally improving some old recordings of old bands that I have in mp3 format. When I import the source file I get a message to the effect that the file cannot be played back, i.e. I cannot seem to play the selected mp3 file.

A lot of these mp3s are from old cassette tapes and I want to import them into multitrack and add the PsuedoStereo and other effects to try and improve what I've got.

Any help appreciated from a total newcomer. :cry:

Regards

Russ
cidbil

Post by cidbil »

Hi Russ,
One of the dumb things I continue to do is to make sure the track play button is on. (old age I guess :lol: ) Check that first.

Lately I've been having the same problem if I'm running Band in a Box and MTS at the same time. MTS won't let me play any files (think it might be a driver problem). So if you have another app. open try closing it and see what happens.

HTH Bill
Russ UK

Post by Russ UK »

Hi Bill

Thanks for the suggestion but I have no other applications running that might cause a conflict. Fingers crossed that Support or forum users can help a 'newbie'.

Regards

Russ
Mac

Post by Mac »

cidbil wrote:
Lately I've been having the same problem if I'm running Band in a Box and MTS at the same time. MTS won't let me play any files (think it might be a driver problem). So if you have another app. open try closing it and see what happens.

HTH Bill
If you are using ASIO drivers, that's the problem. ASIO is a one man dog.

Try switching to the Windows drivers on one or the other program.

--Mac
Mac

Re: Help - Complete Novice - Using MP3 Files

Post by Mac »

Russ UK wrote:Dear all,

When I import the source file I get a message to the effect that the file cannot be played back, ...

Russ
Maybe it is this:
An ACM Codec is needed to encode/decode MP3 files. Its presence can be determined by opening an MP3 file. The
Professional/Pro Plus edition will open the file if a codec is present. The Lite edition will show a window indicating whether
a codec is present or not.
(from the MTS manual)

--Mac
cidbil

Post by cidbil »

If you are using ASIO drivers, that's the problem. ASIO is a one man dog.
Yep ASIO drivers! Switched BIAB to windows drivers and all is well.
Just got BIAB. :D