MTS Appreciation ... about 4 years

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
doveman

MTS Appreciation ... about 4 years

Post by doveman »

Here is my my soundclick site which has some of my recordings for the last 4 years ... no particular order. I downloaded MTS that long ago (just picked it from a google) and recorded most of these songs on a very old PC. I've recently upgraded my hardware but the software remains the same ... I think 3 upgrades?

Every one of these tunes is on MTS. Some of them are with MIDI, some with drum machines, Jamstix more recently. I did all the vocals and guitar, some bass & keyboards. Some have terrible latency and mix problems as I struggled to learn. As I learn more, I think I'm improving a little.

I just realized how long I've been using MTS & how much I really appreciate it. I have had a blast trying all kinds of music ... in my den. This software amazingly almost never burps ... so unusual for such a inexpensive piece of software. The effects are great and it's so simple.

My Soundclick Site

I know there's not a lot of traffic here ... because it works I guess. Just a word of appreciation to MTS ... thanks ... :D
NystagmusE

Post by NystagmusE »

You have a great voice and I really like your Pink Floyd cover. You also have good taste in artists to cover (Don Henley, ZZ-Top, etc). Your guitar playing is extremely professional. Usually I don't like covers, but this song works pretty well.
doveman

Post by doveman »

Thanks.

I understand about covers. The reason I started doing them is to either try something my old band did back in the 70's ... something I really liked but never got the chance to try ... or something way out that I just want to see if I can do.

When I was playing in bands, we did originals ... but lot's of covers too. It's kind of a release for me.

I actually never sang lead ... just background vocals. But I've enjoyed trying to do it.

I have received negative comments on attempting to do classics. More than once I've been chastized for attempting comfortably numb by pursists. But I still do it ... heck that goes for Eagles, Steely Dan, ZZ Top, Clapton, etc. I'm not really good enough to do any of them like they should be done ... but that's the challenge.

But to the topic ... I just appreciate the technology that lets me try ... at this price. Just cool. 8)
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

Hey Doveman, we should have an appreciation party for Giel someday :D . It's been just over 2 years for me and MTS. Now I have found friend for life. MTS MTS lol. Anyway, just to I know where your coming from.
Enjoy your tunes keep on trackin'
Andr