Accompaniment Recording Help!

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Augwich

Accompaniment Recording Help!

Post by Augwich »

I'm a newbie to Multitrack Studios so bear with me;

I have a Yamaha PSR-6300, along with a MIDI/USB cord to transfer MIDI to my comp. My problem is that I usually program an accompaniment on the Yamaha to play along with, but when I try recording, Multitrack only catches the keys I actually press, and not the accompaniment as well. Is this because I only have the Lite version? I don't want to buy it unless it will fix my problems. Thanx!
Mac

Post by Mac »

That is a function of the Yamaha keyboard.

The accompaniment is not sent over the Midi connection. They designed it that way, don't yell at us. :shock:

You can, however, record it using the Audio Output lines from the keyboard as Audio tracks in MTS, then you can add midi or audio tracks to it.

--Mac
Augwich

Thanks alot

Post by Augwich »

Thank you! This will help a whole heck of a lot.

Oh, and if it seemed I was yelling sorry 'bout that. Didn't mean for it to.
Augwich

Post by Augwich »

Ok, I tried what I thought was what I was supposed to do. But it didn't work. Now, I know I'm probably sounding like a stupid person, but would it be possible for someone to give me a step by step (or something like that), so I can do this. It would be much appreciated.
Mac

Post by Mac »

It would be easier if you explained to us what it is you tried, in step by step fashion.

We have no idea what you are using for a soundcard, what the audio outputs of your keyboard are, etc.

--Mac