How do you get rid of finger noise?

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
sinbad

How do you get rid of finger noise?

Post by sinbad »

How do you get rid of finger noise? Apart from learning how to play better that is. Is there a standard squeak frequency? How can I determine what frequencies to cut?
Pale Blue, a fine example of what sounds like a duet with a budgie or a canary in places. The mp3 conversion seems to have elliminated some of it, but that isn't the solution.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6359096
mixont70706

What I have done this in the past.

Post by mixont70706 »

Look at the wave and find the loud sting noise, then run that section through a spectrum analyzer and get the loudest frequency usually 2034Hz to 2078Hz. Then you have a place to start with notch filer or set the EQ in MTS to notch the frequency.

If you are getting a lot of string noise you may want to EQ it out before recording the track, if you are using a mixing console before the sound card, roll off the unwanted string noise there. I have even ran the raw guitar signal through a 31 band eq before going to the soundcard just to get it out before recording.

Hope this helps

Terry
meveridge

Post by meveridge »

The EQ works for me . . . but then again . . . this little blues song sounds fine with the "noise". Heard some nice finger work in there.

In other words, "It sounded good to me".

Mike /..
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Go hands free!

Use finger ease

practice likea motha!
meveridge

Post by meveridge »

Awwhhh Maaan, that's cheatin'!!! :shock:
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

his outta get rid of those pesky ol finger noises http://ekg.ebay.com/items/MusicalInstru ... 224308144/

One more thing to reeeeaaaall y get rid of finger noises never pull your own finger!
meveridge

Post by meveridge »

Could you imagine this really big guy sliding across a stage on his knees with one of those in his hands. Rock on!!!!

But your right, no finger noise . . .

Mike /..