New in MultitrackStudio 10.6
- The controller editor shows 70.7 next to the dot. One decimal place, that's the MIDI 2.0 higher resolution in action.
- The MIDI controller editor VIEW menu lists the controllers the Sampler actually supports.
- The Sampler supports Per Note Pan (MIDI 2.0).
1. Remote Control improvementsControlling effects/instruments using a Remote Control is now more convenient:
- 'Banks' of controls are now called 'Pages'. The pages present the controls in functional groups for MultitrackStudio's own effects/instruments, and also for some plugins. CLAP plugins can specify custom pages for 8-knob devices. Pages can have names, the EQ effect has pages like 'Bass' and 'Treble' for example. The current page name appears on the Remote Control Bar. You'll typically want to switch pages using the remote control, but it can done using the mouse too: either click the page name and select a page from the list, or use the mousewheel.
- There's a 'Find on Remote Control' option on rightclick menus of MultitrackStudio effect controls. It's also available on the rightclick menus of controls in CLAP/VST3 plugins that support context menus.
This is what happens if you use it:
- Map page containing the control into view.
- Flash the corresponding cell on Remote Control Bar.
- Flash LED ring on Mackie Control/HUI compatible devices.
- HUI and Mackie Control presets now support effect knobs (7 knobs, #8 is used for page up/down)
- Fixed: Remote Control didn't handle certain incoming note-off MIDI messages correctly.
- Fixed: MultitrackStudio Remote preset didn't map the Add Group/Add Effect Return actions.
2. Editor improvements
- Multi MIDI Editor: the score view now has a System Spacing setting (click a clef on the left to access it). Also, the system spacing now takes the actual notes into account. As a result you can see more systems simultaneously.
- Multi MIDI Editor now simply remembers the state of the 3 editor mode buttons in the bottom left corner (it tried to be smart instead until now).
- MIDI Controller editor 'view' menu: 'Other' submenu is now 'All', and contains all controllers, including the ones in the VIEW menu itself. This makes finding controllers using the search box easier. The VIEW menu itself now lists the controllers that are actually supported by the track's current MIDI instrument. This isn't possible for External MIDI Instruments and plugins, some widely supported controllers appear instead for those. You can type 'used' or 'checked' in search boxes to see the list items 'with dots' or 'with a check mark'.
- Automation Editor VIEW menu (Pro edition): parameters now always appear in the VIEW menu itself (no submenu). Plugin parameters that aren't supposed to be automated are no longer listed. Plugin parameters can have clearer names (depending on the plugin). You can type 'used' or 'checked' in the search box to see the list items 'with dots' or 'with a check mark'.
3. More MIDI 2.0
- The MIDI 2.0 resolutions (16 bits for velocity, 32 bits for controllers etc.) are now preserved in MIDI files used in tracks. The high resolutions do not appear in exported MIDI files. NRPN parameters are used for this, similar to how MultitrackStudio stores per-note controllers in MIDI 1.0 files.
- MIDI values that are 7 bits in MIDI 1.0 are now displayed with one decimal place, unless the decimal is zero (60.9, 61, 61.1 etc.). This applies to note velocities, controller values, aftertouch etc.
- You can rightclick a Note Editor window's Velocity fader and choose Type Value to enter values like 60.9. The controller editor's Dot Editor accepts values like 60.9.
- Sampler supports MIDI 2.0 per-note pan controller.
- Matrix Sampler supports pan MIDI controller and per-note aftertouch ('poly aftertouch'). Also supports MIDI 2.0 per-note volume, pan and expression.
- AU plugins (Mac): MIDI output can be MIDI 2.0 (requires macOS 13).
4. Onscreen MIDI Keyboard improvements
- Matrix layout pads display note names. The names depend on the MIDI instrument that's responding to the keyboard. The Keyboard Mapper is taken into account.
- Slider menu: controller names depend on the MIDI instrument that's responding to the keyboard. Controllers that are actually supported appear bold.
- Supports presets.
- Presets and Layout menus now have icons.
- New 'Fourths' layout. Has 8 rows of cells, supports Glide and supports playing multiple notes on a single row.
- Guitar, Bass and Violin layouts now (optionally) support Glide.
- Mac: added 'Finger Vibrato' and 'Use per note pitch bend'.
- CLAP plugins: Preset menu now lists the plugin's own presets.
- VST3 instrument plugins: note names defined by plugin appear in Drum Editor.
- MultitrackStudio Instruments: Sine Wave instrument now responds to polyphonic aftertouch.
- Keyboard Mapper can now convert incoming controllers to NRPN.
- PatchMap files can define names for MIDI channels. They appear in the External MIDI Instrument window channel selector dropdown menu.
- Fixed: MIDI "poly mode" controller messages were sent instead of "all notes off".
- Fixed: error could occur on closing Master section audio view using the X on the left (using the Desktop layout).
- Fixed (Mac): audio track editor could cause error for a stereo track if a mono audio playback device was used.
- Various other improvements and fixes.