Pop at the beginning of track or mixdown

Discuss working with MultitrackStudio.
Philip2755

Pop at the beginning of track or mixdown

Post by Philip2755 »

Hey folks new guy here,

I recently purchased MTS download after getting a new computer with Vista installed on it. It has Realtek HD sound on board. I have a slight problem with a pop at the start of a track or a mixdown during playback. It even gets onto a burned CD. It's pretty annoying. I haven't asked MTS support about it yet, I just thought someone here may have experienced this. Other than this things work well. Thanks for any help.
André Giroux

Post by André Giroux »

Hi Philip,
If the pop is just from one track and at one spot only, locate which track by activating the solo button and transport, till you locate the pop. Once you identified the track with the pop, open the track editor, locate the pop and paste it, and then delete or cut it.
If you have pops and crackles during transport and throughout the song you may have your buffering set to low and needs to be set higher. Refer to the help file on how to change buffer size under Studio, Device, Settings, Control Panel. Hope this is any help.
NystagmusE

Post by NystagmusE »

pops and clicks can be the result of an audio waveform that starts out at a high amplitude instantly. these kinds of pops and clicks can be eliminated by doing a tiny fade in at the beginning of each track or at the beginning of the final rendered track. Similarly, you can eliminate clicks at the end of a track by using a fade out.

another source of clicks at the start of songs is the fact that limiters often miss the very first few milliseconds of audio before they start limiting. as a result, some high signal gets through and you get a click.
Philip2755

Post by Philip2755 »

Thanks for the advice folks but I've gotten the 4.3 version and the problem went away. :mrgreen:
Robomusic

Post by Robomusic »

Welcome to one of the truley great secrets in the digital recording world. Sometimes i am stunned at how few people have found this great program, and also how people react when you tell them, they would rather have a buggy or difficult program with a big active forum, i guess they rather talk the record.
tmon

Post by tmon »

Sure is nice to click on the "Known Issues" link here and see what is written:

http://www.multitrackstudio.com/support.php