Still using Multitrackstudio 5.1.0.0 October 2008

Post links to songs you recorded using MultitrackStudio.
mcairenius

Still using Multitrackstudio 5.1.0.0 October 2008

Post by mcairenius »

Well, Just now or several minutes ago I thought I would indulge myself in some Multitrackstudio
updates! Seems it`s gone to version 7! Wow! Time to upgrade soon. I can say this software is powerfully good! But I needs to say upgrades seems nessasary. The only problem I have encountered with this software is it freezes me screen running in Xp when rewinding a track in this 5.1.0.0 version. It did not do that before for a long while, I don`t know could be anything. But I am still able to edit and record my music with that problem aside. I have written over 350 songs with Multitrackstudio the other 75 or so using Linux based music editing programs. I still enjoy Multitrackstudio when I first bought my very first version in 2004! Congratulations Giel on a ever evolving success-full Multitrackstudio!

Here is a link to my website of music I create with Multitrackstudio.

https://sites.google.com/site/marlonthemusician/bio
Support

Re: Still using Multitrackstudio 5.1.0.0 October 2008

Post by Support »

mcairenius wrote:The only problem I have encountered with this software is it freezes me screen running in Xp when rewinding a track in this 5.1.0.0 version. It did not do that before for a long while, I don`t know could be anything.
That's very interesting. There's someone using the latest version on Windows 7 who has this problem, and we still haven't found why that is.

1. Could you please send a report using the Studio menu's Contact window (see http://www.multitrackstudio.com/contact.php)? The report contains some information on your computer which might help finding the problem.

2. When did this problem first occur (approximately)?

Thanks.

Giel Bremmers
mcairenius

Post by mcairenius »

Hi,

The problem started many many months ago (I have had the problem for a year maybe) I have just been to lazy to sort it out, I just fix it my own way and hope it does not happen when I record..lol.

To be more precise with the problem. It is like this.

Say I am playing a track, than when I press stop or to rewind the track to go home. It freezes.
this won`t happen "all" the time. It more a random thing. Sure I`ll send an error report for ya no probs
I do think it did happen when I have had this version installed. To note: I was using Asio4all with my internal sound card, using 3rd party drivers could mess up the thing (I imagine). It does seem to work good with just the realtek sound card drivers. I sent you the status report to support@multitrackstudio.com I don`t know if the information you need is in there since last time it happened to me, but if it happens again I`ll surely send you another! :)
mcairenius

Post by mcairenius »

Yes um Hi again, I for some reason think it had to do with the "Asio4all" (3rd party Asio drivers). I used that a lot actually. I don`t know why but I just have a "hunch". When I use the normal win drivers everything seems to be working perfectly. Won`t be needing "Asio4all" in the near future anyway getting a M-audio transit mobile recording interface so I`ll be using real Asio drivers! :)

Hope that helps.
Support

Post by Support »

mcairenius wrote:Yes um Hi again, I for some reason think it had to do with the "Asio4all" (3rd party Asio drivers). I used that a lot actually. I don`t know why but I just have a "hunch". When I use the normal win drivers everything seems to be working perfectly. Won`t be needing "Asio4all" in the near future anyway getting a M-audio transit mobile recording interface so I`ll be using real Asio drivers! :)

Hope that helps.
Thanks for the update. So it looks like it's a driver issue in your case then. You could check whether any updates are available for both Asio4All and the 'normal' Windows sound device driver.

Giel Bremmers
mcairenius

Post by mcairenius »

Yes! That may just solve it!

Thanks! :)
mcairenius

Post by mcairenius »

I sent you two different .txt files. One for fast forward and one for rewind. It happened when I touch the rewind button not stop first then rewind. But rewind all the way, It froze. Then I made a status report. then I opened the song. Imported two empty midi tracks that I lost cause I could not save it, not a problem. Pressed fast forward and it froze again then I pressed X to close it and reopened the program and made a .txt status report. It seems random but if I import those two empty midi tracks I thought had midi info in it no doubt think it would happen again, maybe.
Support

Post by Support »

Thanks. Do you have any track editors opened (visible) while rewinding?

Giel Bremmers
mcairenius

Post by mcairenius »

No, multitrackstudio is the only one open. If you mean in multitrackstudio I do yes.
mcairenius

Post by mcairenius »

a couple for the waveform for recording is opened. The two midi tracks are opened that I tried to import back from the last save are opened.
mcairenius

Post by mcairenius »

I mean from the last "freeze". not "save"
mcairenius

Post by mcairenius »

You said in an another thread:

"Have you seen this with the 7.13 version yet? It may have been fixed.

Giel Bremmers"

The person said "it has not happened since perhaps it is fixed"

But you said in this thread: "but we are not sure why it happened" or something...

Either way I am going to have to upgrade my Multitrackstudio I think, to fix my problem. I want to upgrade for the newer version any in the future. But not yet, I can still make music with what I got even though it freezes once in while and is still function-able. I am not trying to get free full version off ya. :P I`ll help if I can to fix this issue GLADLY.
mcairenius

Post by mcairenius »

I did it!! I replicated the error! I opened Multitrackstudio opened my "song 39" opened the 1 track waveform. imported two empty unsaved midi tracks 9 and 10 fast forward a bit to the middle of the song. started pressing the home rewind button nothing happened. but then I started to press the play rewind home buttons quickly in a random way very FAST! and it got stuck the screen froze! Does that help??
Support

Post by Support »

mcairenius wrote:I did it!! I replicated the error! I opened Multitrackstudio opened my "song 39" opened the 1 track waveform. imported two empty unsaved midi tracks 9 and 10 fast forward a bit to the middle of the song. started pressing the home rewind button nothing happened. but then I started to press the play rewind home buttons quickly in a random way very FAST! and it got stuck the screen froze! Does that help??
Thanks! I'm going to try this after the weekend.

Giel Bremmers